7 Assisted Living Facilities near Mocksville, NC
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mocksville area, with 3 in Mocksville and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mocksville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mocksville 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Advance with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mocksville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Mocksville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mocksville
Strategically located in the Heartland of North Carolina, Mocksville is a small community with a diverse mix of historic shopping districts, arts & entertainment venues and recreational amenities for seniors to enjoy. Residents aged 65 and over make up 18% of the more than 5,000 people who live here. Mocksville has three assisted living facilities to accommodate some of these seniors, and there are four facilities in the surrounding areas. North Carolina officially recognizes these communities as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs). This term covers two types of care facilities: adult care homes and multi-unit assisted housing with services facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mocksville
- Mocksville has a pleasant climate that gives active seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation. The city gets an average of 219 sunny days per year and only four inches of snow. In July, the average high temperature is 89 degrees.
- Public transportation in Mocksville is provided by YVEDDI. The Mocksville Circular stops at many popular destinations in town, including the Senior Center, Willow Pond, Mocksville Library and Downtown on 1st Street. Seniors can get a day pass at a discount.
- Mocksville is a relatively affordable place for seniors to call home. The cost of living is 12% lower than the national average of 100 and 8.2 index points below the average for the state of North Carolina. Mocksville is also one of the less expensive areas in the Greater Winston-Salem Metro Area.
- Low-income seniors in Mocksville will find the tax policies in North Carolina very friendly. While there is no income tax on Social Security, those with income from other sources may be subject to an income tax rate of 5.499%.
- Mocksville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Davie County Senior Services Department, an organization that strives to enrich the lives of seniors through fellowship, fun and learning, as well as one senior center.
- Mocksville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Statesville.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mocksville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Mocksville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mocksville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mocksville
Seniors in Mocksville have several financial aid options. The Special Assistance (SA) Program helps pay for room and board at licensed assisted living residences. North Carolina's Medicaid system offers the Personal Care Services Program which helps pay for assistance with daily activities for seniors living in assisted living residences.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mocksville
Mocksville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mocksville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mocksville
Mocksville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mocksville
Review of Mocksville Senior Living
Our experience having dad in Mocksville Senior Living is not too bad. Right now they're all locked in, but they had activities like movies and go to parks. The meals don't seem too bad, they have t... Read more