10 Assisted Living Facilities near Salisbury, NC
With an average cost of $3,172 in Salisbury, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 25 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Salisbury.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Salisbury, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Salisbury
Salisbury is home to the year-long Rowan Arts & Ag celebration centered around the rich history of art and agriculture in the area. Seniors who enjoy enrichment in this way may want to consider living in Salisbury. For those who need help with daily tasks, there are five assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Salisbury, with 16 in the surrounding area.
ALFs, known as Adult Care Homes (ACHs) in Salisbury and the rest of North Carolina, are defined as premises that serve two or more people and provide 24-hour supervision and health services such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs). The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation dictates the policies for these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Salisbury
- Seniors may find that saving money is easier in Salisbury due to the cost of living, which is 8.1 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- Salisbury is a city with high crime rates that may make seniors feel uncomfortable and unsafe. Violent crime has a rating of 61 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is almost double the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also high at 66.7, compared to the national average of 38.1.
- Salisbury has four seasons with a mild winter that many seniors may find enjoyable. Summers hit an average high of 89 degrees in July, and winters drop to an average low of 28 degrees. With an annual snowfall of only 4 inches a year, seniors with limited mobility may experience mild difficulty.
- The Salisbury area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Rowan Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with a respiratory illness or sensitive lungs should be able to enjoy the air in Rowan County with little difficulty. The American Lung Association gave this area a B grade for air quality.
- Salisbury has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, an organization that offers fitness classes, recreational programs and financial assistance to adults 55 and up, as well as two more senior centers nearby.
Paying for Assisted Living in Salisbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Salisbury start around $3,172 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Salisbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Salisbury
Seniors who seek help with assisted living costs have a couple of options in North Carolina. The state’s Medicaid program offers the Personal Care Services Program to cover assisted living costs for qualified seniors. One non-Medicaid funded plan, called the Special Assistance (SA) Program, helps eligible seniors pay for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Salisbury
Salisbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Salisbury, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Salisbury
Salisbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Salisbury, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Salisbury
Review of Trinity Oaks
My mother-in-law was at Trinity Oaks. She passed away in November. She was in independent living for about four years, and then she had to go to assisted living and was there for almost a year. She... Read more
Review of Brookdale Salisbury
Brookdale Salisbury was very nice. They offer three meals a day, activities, transportation, and outings when it is not a pandemic. They provide snacks between meals, they check on them every two h... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Salisbury
We liked Elmcroft of Salisbury Assisted Living, and my mother-in-law does too. Her room is very nice, the staff is excellent, beyond anything I've seen, and they're good to her. The dining room is ... Read more