5 Assisted Living Facilities near Mooresville, NC
With an average cost of $3,970 in Mooresville, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 33 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Mooresville.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Mooresville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mooresville
Mooresville, North Carolina is a fast-growing town of 37,820 people and is home to the Nascar Technical Institute. Mooresville seniors have four assisted living facilities (ALFs) to choose from, with an additional five in the surrounding area. ALFs in North Carolina, also known as Adult Care Homes (ACHs), are defined as premises that provide 24-hour supervision and health care services, including medication management, and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs). The policies and regulations that govern ACHs that are dictated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mooresville
- Mooresville’s cost of living is 9.1 percent higher than the national average. Seniors on a tight budget may have a more difficult time with daily living expenses.
- The violent crime in Mooresville is 23.7 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is 63.4, which is significantly higher than the national average of 38.1 and may lead seniors to feel unsafe in this area.
- With a mild high of 88 degrees in July, seniors can get outdoors and enjoy the sun in the summer. Winter brings only three inches of annual snowfall, and a low of 29 degrees in January, so seniors willing to brave the cold shouldn't have too much difficulty going to appointments and running errands.
- The Mooresville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lake Norman Regional Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors have access to ICATS, a bus transit company that provides fixed routes, subscription routes and demand-response service trips to the Mooresville area.
- In the state of North Carolina, social security is not taxed. This means seniors can have more of money to spend on assisted living or daily expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mooresville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Mooresville start around $3,970 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mooresville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mooresville
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living costs have several options. The state’s Medicaid program offers coverage for assisted living to eligible seniors through the Personal Care Services Program. Qualified seniors can also apply to the Special Assistance (SA) Program, which is a non-Medicaid-funded plan, for help in assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mooresville
Mooresville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mooresville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mooresville
Mooresville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mooresville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mooresville
Review of TerraBella Lake Norman
I liked TerraBella Lake Norman very much. I liked that their apartments had separate bedrooms and a sitting room. The man who took me around was very nice. I looked at the menu and it looked good t... Read more
Review of Carillon Assisted Living
Carillon Assisted Living was beautiful, very nice, and clean. The staff was very nice. The problem with the place was they want over $6,000 a month. The lunch we had there was good. Read more
Review of Carillon Assisted Living
Not very happy with this facility. The director is combative. Yelled at me on several occasions because she thought I was bad mouthing the facility to an outside provider. Which I have every right ... Read more