Brookdale Concord Parkway

Brookdale Concord Parkway (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Concord Parkway

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Concord Parkway

June 29, 2015

The only thing I did not like about Brookdale Concord Parkway was the room they had available. It was very small, and it was facing the parking lot. It looked very institutionalized. The staff was nice. It was clean.

May 31, 2015

I visited Brookdale Concord Parkway. The assisted living part was very nice, very open, and clean, but the memory care living part was very depressing. They played very loud music all the time, and some of the areas were not very well kept. The facilities of the memory care part were not very nice. I went on a Saturday, and it was just one of the assistants that took me around. There wasn't a person from the administration or nursing; it was just one of the aides that took me around. In the memory care area, the rooms were smaller. They have medication management and assistance with meals. They have meals three times a day. I thought they really needed to update their facility in the memory care area.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Concord Parkway did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

April 09, 2015

By JSMrdh

i visited this community while looking for my grandmother who is out of state. I liked that it was close to the hospital and a stoplight. The Activities Director said they make weekly trips out to nearby stores and restaurants which I thought was was great. I met a few residents on my tour that day that seemed to like it there that said they lived there for a while. Lunch smelled good, was unable to stay due to other tours in area but would've liked to. My grandmother would've been for regular assisted living but said they had another smaller building for folks with dementia and alzheimers. overall, i liked the community but grandmother decided to stay in Nashville area, wouldve strongly considered this building because of how helpful they were on the tour.

February 10, 2015

Brookdale Concord was also small, the rooms were very little, and I didn’t like that. They did have 1-bedroom, but they didn’t have anything empty. They all have times where they take people out to the grocery store and to the mall and take the residents out.

December 05, 2014

By Rebecca32

Everything was fine at Brookdale. It was very nice. The staff was wonderful. The place looked clean and homey. The rooms were comfortable looking. They didn't look like an institution. They had daily and weekly activities. They had different things like cook outs in the summer, gardening, dances, and things like that. It was not intimidating, and it was cozy.

November 15, 2014

By Caring96801950

Brookdale was very nice -- it’s laid out very nicely and it’s got a lot of common areas for the residents to sit in. Their healthcare facility seems good -- they have a beautiful dining room so they’ve got enough place to eat. They’ve evidently got a choice of foods that they can choose from every day. It was just that I would have had to pay out of pocket for a year before I got my sister in that one, but I do recommend the place. I like the friendliness of the staff best, and they are definitely concerned with me. They have called me several times to come over and they can support me, which I have done. They definitely reached out to the community, there’s no doubt about it.

September 12, 2014

My mom is at Brookdale Place Concord. It is a great place. I would recommend it. I like everything about it. The nurses are great. They make sure her medicine is distributed the way it is supposed to be. The rooms are spacious. The food is good. They take very good care of my mom there.

August 13, 2014

By Daniel14

My mom is in Brookdale Place Concord. It is very good. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. They have two options for the rooms. They have a private room and a shared room. My mom is in a private room. My mom says overl all the food is okay, but she wish they have some selections on something. They have activities like bingo, music and church services. It is a nice single floor so my mom can go along with her walker and not walk down the elevator or anything. However, I think they need a better timing on their medication because my mother's medication is very time sensitive and sometimes they don’t give it to her within the window of time that she needs it. So, I am thinking they need a more timely staff to help with the medicine.

August 10, 2014

I like Brookdale Place Concord because it seemed like a friendly-kind of place and everybody seemed to care. It's a nice facility, but I think the rooms were kind of small. We didn’t really see all their activities, but I know they seem to have something planned almost every day for everybody to do.

July 22, 2014

By David8775

My dad is at Concord Place. It is a very nice place. It is very clean. They have great activities. My dad is participating in Wii bowling, singing, bingo, and jeopardy. His room is OK. It is little too tight for two people, but it is a clean room with a clean bathroom. The staff is very nice. Food is not good, though. It is lacking for my dad. They'll sit in the cafeteria for like 30 minutes to an hour before they get fed. However, the dining is probably more like hotel type of place. It is very nice. It is clean, too.

May 27, 2014

By Jackie27

My mother really likes Concord Place. They have lots of activities, and the rooms were nice and a nice size. Mom said the food is not always the greatest, though. The staff seemed nice, I’ve never asked somebody for something and not been helped. They bring musicians in, people who play the piano, and they have preachers come at different times. They played Bingo, Jeopardy, and Wii bowling.

September 09, 2013

Concord Place is very clean. The staff is really nice. My mother-in-law has been there for about a month now. It's a really nice place, so we're really pleased. It has big rocking chair on the front porch that she enjoy sitting out watching the birds. She gets physical therapy, they have Bible studies, they have games, and they take her to her appointments because it's easier for them because they have a van. Some of our friends are there. It's close and convenient for my husband to go back and forth. I think they do really well with the things they have to do.

August 14, 2013

By Sherry8508

If it had not been under remodel, it would have been a nice place. It was just that there was so much remodeling going on that it appeared dirty and not well-kept. I understand that it was difficult to keep the place clean, but still, there were people living there. That was my only concern there.

March 08, 2013

By Robert

I visited the Concord Place because of the price, location and to what they can offer. We're looking for a quality place. The staff was definitely friendly and the facility was pretty nice.

November 19, 2012

By danielc33

The staff were excellent and very friendly. Cleanliness and a nice facility were what drew us to the place. All in all, they took good care of my grandmother and I'm not able to thank them enough. Also, the focus and attention they bring to their patients is top notch and I would recommend anyone with a disabled elderly parent/grandparent to consider going to them.

June 01, 2012

By BoyScout22

I loved the place. The atmosphere was perfect and the poeple there were very nice. I almost wanted to stay there myself. The best part was the food. It always looked great and the nursers were very very nice to all of the people and to us.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Concord Parkway

Questions about Brookdale Concord Parkway

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

On Hire, Our Staff receives a week of Dementia Care Training and orientation, before working with clients. We then provide on- going trainings, at our monthly staff meetings. Sometimes, residents may require special approaches or may require specific care, and we will have special ALL staff training on how to meet their, physical, and emotional needs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Concord Parkway. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our community is 75. We have very social residents who enjoy music, religious services, and performers that come into the community.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Concord Parkway offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer almost daily church services, pet therapy, and go on a variety of outings

What places are near Brookdale Concord Parkway or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are a short drive from the NASCAR speedway, a variety of restaurants, and 2 major shopping malls.

What transportation services does Brookdale Concord Parkway offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to and from Doctors appointments within a 10 mile radius of the community on select days.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Concord Parkway exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brookdale offers made from scratch meals and will incorporate favorite dishes through resident suggestions. We offer a variety of menus to suit multiple dietary needs

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Concord Parkway offer to assisted living residents?

We have around the clock staff and all doors are automatically locked at a certain time and require doorbell access.

How does Brookdale Concord Parkway keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate with families by phone, text, and email. There is also a community Facebook page that provides pictures of residents on a daily basis

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Concord Parkway during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to care needs which can fluctuate from week to week but are always staffed at or above state regulations

If Brookdale Concord Parkway accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept dogs and cats based on the residents ability to care for their pet. We have a walking trail available for use.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We require monthly trainings by all staff.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

? Brookdale always staffs to meet state regulations, and staffs according to resident needs, which means that many times during “peak care hours”, we are sometimes staffed above state regulations. It is our utmost goal, to provide the best individualized care to our residents

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Concord Parkway provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a community on campus for residents with Alzheimer’s or Dementia and they are able to safely wander.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Concord Parkway offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Program- Coordinator, and the Program Assistant, insure that we have specific, person centered programing daily, including weekends. We also daily, have group activities that include, daily exercise,, crafts, educational activities, outings several times a week, live professional musicians, to name a few. We are always interested in proving activities, that our residents are “interested” in! So before we admit them, we have a beautiful questioner that helps us know them better! Their likes, dislikes and interests! This assists us in planning an engagement program that meets their needs. Drawing on past experiences, and life skills is very important., and assisting residents in finding validation in those memories , is important.

Our Health and Wellness Director, RN, will complete an final assessment before admitting. Then, every 30 days, or at a change of condition, she will again complete an assessment. Also, when meeting with a family member, if there any concerns, she will be have to assess the situation.

What techniques does Brookdale Concord Parkway use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We put much effort in providing a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, during dining! We start with our Brookdale Signature Refresh program. Warmed, essential oil scented towels are given to our residents to “refresh” their hands. Our tables are set with colored linen table clothes, and contrasting plates! Also, food is recognizable, and served according to the Physician’s diet orders for each individual. Those that need cueing are cued. Those that need dining assistance are given it. Also, if any adaptive equipment is needed, we have Occupational Therapy assist us with that. They can also work with residents to help with dining skills. Our goal is a fine dining experience that will give that resident a successful dining experience.

How does Brookdale Concord Parkway keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

By phone, email and phone calls. Communication is important to the wellbeing and care of our resident, and so important for the responsible party to “be in the loop”! Family members can stop in anytime to see their loved on and speak with the Health and Wellness Director.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Concord Parkway. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale Concord Parkway is located near a business district. We have lots of local places to eat, shop and walk in the area.

Is Brookdale Concord Parkway affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Being in a popualted area we have many options for hospital services for our residents in the Concord Charlotte area.

Photos of Brookdale Concord Parkway

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Concord Parkway

• Nurse On Staff: Rn And 2 Lp Ns On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• German
  • Spanish

• State Licenses: HAL-013-019

About Brookdale Concord Parkway

Brookdale Concord Parkway provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Concord Parkway