18 Assisted Living Facilities near Huntersville, NC
With an average cost of $3,633 in Huntersville, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 7 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 6 facilities in Huntersville.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Huntersville, NC
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Huntersville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Huntersville
Huntersville, NC is listed as the 13th best place to live within the state of North Carolina. There are plenty of popular spots for those who love to bird watch and enjoy the outdoors, and it is home to a NASCAR museum. There are six assisted living facilities in Huntersville and 27 close by in places like Charlotte, Concord and Mooresville.
Assisted living facilities in Huntersville, and in all of North Carolina, are most often referred to as assisted living residences (ALRs). Licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health Services, ALRs fall into one of two categories. These include adult care homes (ACHs), which have seven or more residents, or multi-unit assisted housing with service facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Huntersville
- The cost of living in Huntersville is slightly higher than the state and national average. This can prove to be difficult for those on a budget.
- Crime in an area is ranked on a scale from 1 (low) to 100 (high). Property crime in Huntersville is ranked 32.4 and violent crime is ranked 10.5, which are less than the national average.
- Huntersville experiences hot and humid summers with the average high in June around 89 and the average low in January is 30. The area receives approximately 2 inches of snow per year and 43 inches of rain.
- The state of North Carolina offers transportation services for seniors through the Department of Health and Human Services. Eligible adults aged 60 and older can receive rides to and from medical appointments, senior lunch programs and grocery stores.
- The Huntersville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies and illness.
- Huntersville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Mecklenburg County Government Seniors’ Assistance Program, which provides meals and financial assistance, as well as at least one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Huntersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Huntersville start around $3,633 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Huntersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Huntersville
Financial assistance is available to eligible seniors receiving personal care in both ACHs and multi-unit assisted houses. This is made possible by the Medicaid State Fund.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Huntersville
Huntersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Huntersville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Huntersville
Huntersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Huntersville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Huntersville
Review of Ranson Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care
When we first began researching assisted living facilities in the area, Ranson Ridge stood out above the others. Cathy was warm and welcoming, and provided answers to all of our questions. The fa... Read more
Review of Ranson Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care
My mother is in Ranson Ridge. They're excellent. We chose them because of their patient to staff ratio, the facilities themselves, the caring attitude, and the food. They cater to the residents lik... Read more
Review of Special Touch Living
When my grandmother needed to move to an assisted living facility, I wanted to look at the larger more poplar facilities but my mom was told of a new home that was a home and not an institution. I... Read more