Charlotte is a large city in North Carolina, with a population of 885,708. According to the U.S. Census, 10.2% of the population are seniors. The city runs many programs to support seniors, and the Carolinas Medical Center is rated high-performing in the treatment of several conditions.

Some people find themselves needing a lot of hands-on medical care as they get older, and nursing homes are a good place to receive this. The average cost of nursing home care in Charlotte is $7,817 per month. This is slightly higher than the national average of $7,756. Seniors who do not require medical care but do require some help with day-to-day tasks may find assisted living or in-home care more suitable for their needs. With pricing from $4,649 for assisted living and $3,813 for home care, these services are far more affordable.

This guide looks at the cost of nursing home care in Charlotte and also examines some of the support and free services available in the city to help seniors cope with their changing needs as they age.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Charlotte, NC

Charlotte Health Care Center

1735 TODDVILLE RD, Charlotte, NC, 28214

This is a horrible facility. It is infested with bed bugs and roaches. They do not administer medication on some of the days

The Stewart Health Center

6920 MARCHING DUCK DRIVE, Charlotte, NC, 28210

The Stewart Health center under The Cypress community was where my husband is staying. It was very clean and very cheerful, and the employees were very positive and considerate. My husband’s room is … (read more)

Sharon Towers

5100 Sharon Rd, Charlotte, NC, 28210

During my Aunt’s stay at this facility I was completely impressed by the upkeep of their grounds. She had been sick from cancer and was unable to safely care for herself given the manner in which her … (read more)

Sardis Oaks

5151 SARDIS RD, Charlotte, NC, 28270

I pray for anyone thinking of using this facility for their loved ones to read this review. My mom had multiple strokes and we put her in Sardis oaks for rehab. Our initial visit before placing her wa … (read more)

Pelican Health at Charlotte

2616 E 5th St, Charlotte, NC, 28204

My experience with Pelican Health at Charlotte is not as well as I would like it to be. The staff here is not as punctual as I think they should be. They appear overworked, though I don’t see that man … (read more)

Pavilion Healthcare Center at Brightmore

10011 Providence Road West, Charlotte, NC, 28277

Care and communication of patients is unacceptable. Things went from bad to worse. Overall care was mediocre at best, communication between patients and family nonexistent. Understaffed and managem … (read more)

Avante at Charlotte

4801 RANDOLPH RD, Charlotte, NC, 28211

The staff there are unprofessional and management has many problems with turnover. I’ve seen urine on the floor in the residents room and no one making an attempt to clean it. I’ve seen a broken bed a … (read more)

Peak Resources- Charlotte

3223 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC, 28205

I came to the facility for short term rehabilitation and I am discharging home after completion of my therapy. My experience was very pleasant. And all the staff was very patient and explained tasks a … (read more)

White Oak Manor – Charlotte

4009 Craig Avenue Po Box 220130, Charlotte, NC, 28211

I don’t like White Oak of Charlotte. People just sit around, and I don’t think the staff is attentive enough. I don’t like it. Food is OK, but I didn’t see any activities when I was there.

Saturn Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

1930 W. Sugar Creek Road, Charlotte, NC, 28262

I toured Saturn Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. It was pretty good. The person who gave me the tour was really nice. It was a really nice tour. There were some rooms where there was only one in e … (read more)

Clear Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

10506 Clear Creek Commerce Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28227

My brother is at Clear Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. The staff seems nice, friendly, and helpful. They have a pretty good rapport with the people there. You don’t have that typical overpowe … (read more)

Asbury Care Center

3625 WILLARD FARROW DR, Charlotte, NC, 28215

When my mom fell and broke her pelvis and needed to go for physical therapy, I did some research and was excited that Asbury had an available bed. Reviews were good but my experience was not. The comm … (read more)

Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab

620 TOM HUNTER RD, Charlotte, NC, 28256

The rooms in this facility are nice and clean. The staff members are friendly and welcoming.

Brian Center Health & Rehab/ch

5939 REDDMAN ROAD, Charlotte, NC, 28212

this place was horrible! someone in my family was there for approximately 3 weeks and they treated him as if he was a child. when he did not “perform well enough on his therapy” even though he wou … (read more)

University Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

9200 Glenwater Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28262

My Dad was placed on Hospice here 11/2021 The staff went above and beyond taking care of my Father. I was informed daily about how he was doing. Often they would reach out to me. I had the chance to … (read more)

Mecklenburg Health Care Center

2415 SANDY PORTER ROAD, Charlotte, NC, 28273

The some of the cna’s have severe attitude problems..the place stinks very bad..

Wilora Lake Healthcare Center

6001 WILORA LAKE ROAD, Charlotte, NC, 28212

my mission is to have this place shut down my mom was in there all was wrong was a fractured hip . she was sent to hospital for several issues that developed while there such as bed sores , severe uri … (read more)

Peak Resources Charlotte

3223 Central Avenue, Charlotte, NC, 28205

Nursing Home Costs in Charlotte, NC

The average cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home in Charlotte is $7,817 per month. Private rooms cost slightly more at $8,608.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Nursing home fees vary across the state of North Carolina. Fees in the Winston area are fairly similar to those in Charlotte, at $7,787 per month. Meanwhile, on the coast in Wilmington, fees are lower than average at $7,178. To the north, on the Virginia border in Rocky Mount, nursing home costs are lower still at $6,083. Asheville, which is close to the Tennessee border, has some of the highest fees for nursing home care in the state, averaging $8,000 per month.

$7817

Rocky Mount

$8000

Asheville

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing home care is the most expensive form of care in Charlotte, due to the extra level of attention and skilled staffing required. Adult day care, which is provided during daytime hours at a community center, is by far the most affordable at $1,408 per month. Homemaker services, including help with day-to-day tasks and housework, cost just $3,813 per month. Home health care is slightly more expensive since it includes medical services, costing $4,004. Assisted living services include room and board as well as help with the activities of daily living for an average of $4,649 per month.

$7817

$4649

Assisted Living

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Charlotte, NC

Free Resources for Seniors in Charlotte, NC

Many organizations offer services and support to help seniors in Charlotte stay in their own homes for longer, avoiding nursing home placement. Some of these organizations also help seniors to cope with common age-related conditions and to access benefits and other financial aid.

ResourceContact Service
Alzheimer’s Association Western Carolina State Chapter

(800) 272-3900Seniors who are living with the effects of Alzheimer’s or dementia or who have been recently diagnosed with one of those conditions may receive support from the Alzheimer’s Association. The Western Carolina State Chapter serves Charlotte and the surrounding areas, offering a variety of online resources. It also runs support groups and outreach sessions and supports research into the condition.
Charlotte In-Home Aide Program(704) 432-1111This program connects older adults with in-home care providers who assist with day-to-day tasks. Aides provide personal care and assist with chores and administrative tasks. The service does not offer full-time care, but can help to reduce the workload faced by loved ones or other caregivers, reducing the need for nursing home or assisted living placement.
Supplemental Meal Program(704) 432-1111Seniors who are under the care of a physician and who have been assessed as having supplemental nutritional needs may receive nutritional supplements (such as Ensure) for up to three months per year as a part of this plan.