Mecklenburg Health Care Center

Reviews of Mecklenburg Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Mecklenburg Health Care Center

November 20, 2013

By bella45

Mom was in the hospital for severalconditions and it was time to find long term care. I talk to the admissions ddepartment from the hospital. They couldn't wait to come to the hospital to talk with me. Mom goes to the facility and on the first day I notice poor care after complainin, two days later mom was cured and ready to leave. They told me she can walk and dress herself. Mother has dementia, can't use the bathroom on her own, needs oxygen, and has several other issues. She was found wet, so wet that all of her linens were soaked. The nurse's took their time bringing medicine and the rooms were dirty. The CNA are horrible. You can here them talking about the staff and clients. I got my mother out of there and reported them to DSS. Also, patients are left in the halls for hours unattended. Don't send your love one there. This happen in September 2013.

August 22, 2013

By concered nurse

I visited this facility on 8-15-13. I took a tour and met with the admissions staff and the director of the facility. I needed information about placing my mother in law who would need to go in on medicaid long term nursing care. I was told what forms would need to be submitted, which I provided the next day. I called the facility numerous times and no one returned my phone calls. I am working with Hospice and they also called and no one returmed their calls. Beds were available. The Hospice social worker asked to speak to the director and was told my mother in law would need to provide 16000.00 up front to be admitted in the facility. At no time when I toured was I given any of this information. The lack of professionalism in this facility is sorely lacking.Not only did they waste a week of my time that could have been spent looking for placement, they just didn't care. My concern is they don't want to be bothered by medicaid pts. I could have provided the money myself, but the lack of honesty shows this facilitys character. By the way I am a RN and work in the hospital helping to place patients when they are unable to care for themselves. This should not happen.

September 06, 2012

By Llewellyn

I wanted to get my husband out of the first one they've put them in, and I want him closer. Mecklenburg Health Care Center is one level and has two wings. It's not huge, fairly easy to get to, convenient and a lot of stores and restaurants around. The building is bright, it has a lot of light, and it makes you feel more comfortable. A dining room that they use for other activities, a small gym to rehabilitate patients, two nice outdoor courtyards, they're very pretty. The nurses are generally helpful and nice, their social worker is pleasant, but not very helpful. He has his own room like a hospital room. Basically, my husband has been pretty happy with his care there. But like all places, it has pluses and minuses. I think it would be really important for this and all places that have either assisted living or nursing homes to have available mental health services. They are not readily easily available and they don't have anyone who is there on a regular basis that they can call to make appointments. Well, all of these people are facing a crisis of some sort, and I don't think that it's treating them holistically. It's not treating their entire body if you're not treating their mind as well.

March 08, 2012

By Unhappy in Charlotte

Other

My father was in this facility for 120 days. They never managed to get him to walk. He was kept so druged he couldn't do much of anything. I am extremely unhappy with the results of the rehab unit. They kept him just long enough for his medicare to run out. He has been receiving rehab at the assisted living facility he is staying and they have him on his feet using a walker and this was accomplished in less than a month,

Services and Amenities of Mecklenburg Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Mecklenburg Health Care Center

Mecklenburg Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Charlotte, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Mecklenburg Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mecklenburg Health Care Center