Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab

Reviews of Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab

February 20, 2016

By nostrophylnic

they are always short of help the food is really bad they work there CNA'S really hard they can't take care of all the resident's i feel sorry for the CNA'S they are really under paid for what they do

June 04, 2015

By coopersmom33

I brought a patient to this facility who was a new placement that was coming for rehab until he gained strength back to be able to go home. I have been to several rehab facilities in my career, and this is definitely one of the worst I have came across. Staff were not helpful at all, and did not come to greet the new patient at all. We needed help transferring the patient to the bed, so I stood out in the hallway(assuming someone would see me and offer assistance, as well as come speak with this patient since he was new to the facility). There were several staff members walking around, and not one of them even acknowledged my existence. One was standing up at the nurses station and kept looking back at me, then looking away. When I started walking up towards that station, she looked at me and started walking away. I finally flagged someone down to help transfer the patient. Once this was done, I had to go hunt for a nurse to give a report to. The one I initially approached was rude as well. When I asked if she was the nurse I give a report to, she said "Yea" and walked away. Once she got to a door, she said she had to wash her hands and disappeared for several minutes. I found another nurse to give a report to in the meantime. Very unfriendly and unprofessional staff.

September 12, 2014

By Debra37

My brother was in Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for 4 or 5 months. There may be one nurse, but I didn’t see anybody else around. The medical department is short of help, but when you have many patients and the bulk of them are men, you need more nurses. There was one nurse on maybe two halls. I would give them cards when my brother had to be at the doctor a certain day. He never did make his appointments. When my brother was leaving, the girl who would admit patients left her job. She was gone before Jimmy left, and then the social worker who had been helping me was gone. Two other women stepped in that I’d never seen before. I had a social worker call up there, and she could not get in touch with anybody. She said that they would rather say they were in meetings or they weren’t there. She tried to talk to the doctors and to several other people. She told them that they were releasing my brother into an unsafe environment, and they did it anyhow. They didn’t have a security guard. The patients could walk off the premises and nobody stopped them. A lot of the men were walking around with no underwear. In the room that my brother was in, I would walk in and the guy would be standing there with no underwear, no diaper, no nothing. Most of the patients were in their beds. If you didn’t go to the cafeteria, you didn’t get to eat. The rooms were half the size of my bathroom with 2 men in it and a little curtain. It’s like half of a hospital room. They have 2 people in it on one side and 2 people on the other side, and in the middle, they have 1 toilet for 4 men. I wouldn’t recommend that place to anybody.

August 13, 2012

By caring7183

My mother has been taken care of there. Although, I feel like maybe about 20% of the time there is a delay in issue of response if she needs help. I feel they might be understaffed but I don't think they are, or it's just that they're busy. We've had evaluation about 2 weeks ago and we spoke to them to let them know the response time that mother gets. We understand that they are in other rooms helping other people and they try to get back within a certain time. But then there are times in the evening, I think when they have lesser people, the delay is a little bit longer. Sometimes walking into the facility, it may not smell that great but it is what it is. There's a couple of times I think I smell feces, but I'm not sure. Sometimes the smell is maybe of old people. Mother's room seems to be clean. She seems to get regular bathing, so I believe it seems to be okay on that part.

About Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab

Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab is a senior living provider in Charlotte, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehab