Shads Landing

Reviews of Shads Landing

Independent Living Reviews for Shads Landing

March 20, 2019

By Katrina

Shads Landing was nice, and the apartments seemed sufficient for one person. The dining area was well laid out and airy. The staff seemed very friendly.

July 17, 2017

By Angela

Shads Landing is a beautiful place, but it is too much freedom for my mom. The rooms are more like apartments. The landscaping and the lake are beautiful. The people are very nice. They have activities too.

January 19, 2017

By Penny081161

Shad's Landing was very nice. The outside appearance was very nice, and the inside was spacious. They were having a sale when we went. It's a monthly rental, so we signed up and liked the fact that we didn't have to put a large amount of money down. The staff was very helpful. We stayed for lunch, and the food was good and had a nice variety. We were pleased. It reminded me of being on a ship. They had pool tables, movie areas, and a library.

September 29, 2016

By Joe260247

We thought Shad’s Landing was decent, but we were not interested in it primarily because of the location. We’re told they had a gym.

November 29, 2015

By Anonymous visitor

Shad’s Landing is very nice. I think it’s a great facility. I saw some rooms that the residents were kind enough to let us come in and take a look, and they were all very nice. They have various room sizes, too, which was good because you weren’t stuck with one particular type. They have anything you want to get involve with in terms of activities, plus exercise rooms, public rooms, and outside activities. I’m involved with a small group that goes out to various senior lunches where we perform skits, poems, and a little bit of music. I thought they were quite lovely.

May 15, 2015

By Shirley106601650

The overall community of Shads Landing looked really nice. It was friendly and warm, and the staff seemed like they were all caring people. A couple of my family members went with me, and we had a delicious meal there, and we also were entertained by a community of people who had come in and were booked for entertainment. It's a great place, and I'd certainly recommend it. They have a regular schedule of activities that is set up every month. As a matter of fact, I have a communication here in front of me, and it shows for the month of March -- which was when I went to visit -- that there are everyday activities from morning until early evening. Every Monday, they have different things: Hooks and Needles which is one group, sing-along, and another group, Count Your Blessings. And they have bingo every evening on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from the calendar here. They are interspersed throughout the month with different things. They have card games and bowling; you can name it, and you are going to see something on the calendar of activities for the people. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was definitely caring, not only for its residents, but for us visitors as we came in, and they afforded us all the amenities that were occurring during that day that we could participate in. It was just a wonderful place.

October 16, 2014

By Eunice2

I’ve been to Shads Landing. We knew somebody else that was there. It was clean. The staff seemed to be very pleasant. The dining room was clean and neat. We’d play cards with one of the ladies there.

July 17, 2014

By dl-nc

This retirement community was like a hotel. They had a large dinner room. They also had area where you could get coffe or tea during the day. I was shown a one bedroom apartment. There was good closet space and a patio. There was a man made pond that you could walk around. You can get private services if you need help with medications or dressing. They clean the rooms once aweek.

December 27, 2013

By John74582150

Mom describes Shads Landing as elegant. The facility is very clean and nicely decorated. They have a warm, welcoming staff. My mother is in a studio apartment. Even though it is the smallest one, it is a nice apartment. They also have one and two-bedroom apartments. There is an activity room that I go by regularly and I see a lot of things going on.

September 26, 2013

By Janette1

I had the chance to see Shads Landing and it's a nice and clean place, but there was no garage parking for your car and I want a garage for my car. There were activities provided for the residents. The place is satisfactory. The residents there seemed to very happy and they are very friendly.

March 26, 2013

By Cindy13

Shads Landing is just a really nice place. The location is good, everything is clean, the staff is very helpful, and the food is awesome. Joanne helped me in so many ways. She was very helpful with all kinds of information that I needed.

Costs for Shads Landing

Photos of Shads Landing

Services and Amenities of Shads Landing

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Shads Landing

Shads Landing is located in Charlotte, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Shads Landing for a visit...and stay!

Map of Shads Landing