MerryWood on Park

Reviews of MerryWood on Park

Assisted Living Reviews for MerryWood on Park

July 28, 2015

By Carmelo1

I am in Atria Merry Wood. The surrounding is very pleasant. The food is great, and the service people in the restaurant are very great. They have different sizes of rooms. They have one-bedroom, two-bedrooms, and things like that. The rooms are very clean. They have different arts classes, bingo, and things like that. They have music on Saturday nights. They take you out shopping, movies, and things like that.

May 15, 2015

Everyone at Atria MerryWood was very nice, and the place was excellent. The rooms and apartment were nice and clean. We had a meal there, and the food was delicious. The dining room setup was beautiful too. They have full bus service to doctors or if you want to go shopping at grocery stores. If you needed any type of assistance they have it there. They have a lot of activities. We were really impressed with everything.

April 17, 2015

We had considered the Atria MerryWood. It was a very nice facility. The only thing was the room that my husband was supposed to have gotten in the assisted living was kind of dark like in a darker hallway. It needed to be brightened up later, but that room was taken before we could get it. The age of the population there was a bit older than what we were looking at, but they were young-at-heart, and there were lots of activities going on. It was really kind of our first choice but, like I said, the room was taken before we could get it. I didn't get to eat there, but their dining facility was the one thing that they really pride themselves on -- their chef, their dining, and their options.

April 07, 2015

I had my dad on Atria MerryWood. When he was there, we were pleased with it. We chose it because he had some friends there, and I thought that probably would make him transition easier from moving from his house into a retirement situation. In addition, it was close by so I could drop in anytime, and it wasn't like I had to make a day of it. I could just run by and check on him if I was on my way to grocery store or church. It was convenient. The people working there were very good. I had no problems there. The room that he had was really nice. It was like an efficiency, and it had a bedroom with a walk-in closet, a nice size bath, a little kitchenette, and a little dining area. Part of the living room had a little patio that he could sit outside on. My father was not involved in a lot of activities, but one of the good things about it was that a friend of mine was in charge of the activities, so he was able to bring him to some of them. However, he didn't particularly like to travel because he a hard time walking. I had lunch there, and he wasn't as pleased with the food because he had Alzheimer's and he was interested in vegetables and corn bread. He did not like sandwiches. Lunch, he wasn't too happy about, but dinners were fine.

July 31, 2014

By melisa1588

My father moved in early this year. I cannot put into writing how wonderful it has been for him, and for me as his care taker, but I will try. The management cares about the residents and has always been able to offer me resources and answer my questions. I recently had to move Dad to a smaller apartment within MerryWood and they told me everything I needed to know and made it incredibly easy on me. The staff is amazing! They know my father's name, know what help he will need, and anticipate any additional help he may need. They go above and beyond with everything. I've never spoken to a staff member there who was anything but helpful, cheerful, and most of all, beyond competent in what they were doing. Dad required help from the paramedics but refused to cooperate. I was called immediately. When I got to his room, the manager was with the paramedics and made sure they stayed until I arrived since she knew he would cooperate when I got there. The fact that she knew us well enough to do that made me feel so good about Dad's surrounding and safety. When my father lived on his own, he kept to himself and said he didn't want company, or friends. He now participates in multiple activities and especially likes the weekly poker game. He enjoys going to meals and has made many friends. These friends have been so helpful to him, they all check on each other and talk about what they're going through in the aging process and with medications. It has helped Dad to know he isn't the only person having some trouble. The change in my father is phenomenal. I am so grateful for Atria Merrywood and would highly recommend it.

March 27, 2014

By Diane76124450

Atria was very welcoming. It was a very positive experience. We were pretty educated as to what they offered. The food was excellent. The dining room was very nice, very comfortable. Everybody seemed friendly. They seemed very focused on the people who live there like they really cared.

June 21, 2013

By Bob29

We went and visited Atria MerryWood for my mom. What I like about this facility is that it's really close to where I live. The facility was a little older but it seemed fine. We didn't see anything negative. They had a full-service staff. Their rooms were bigger but a little older. Everything about this facility was fine.

September 27, 2012

By MaryKJos

I would say, this facility was awesome - well maintained, courteous staff, full of amenities. I do not know how much the price but it felt like you are in some kind of hotel surrounding. They seem to have multiple locations from the pamphlet I read about the facility. Also, varieties of services offered such as doctors visitation, assistance with living - dressing, medication, bathing, housekeeping, etc.I took a tour of the facility; everything is clean and well maintained. You could see seniors enjoying at the command areas and dining facility. The staff was courteous and would guide you properly or answer any question you might have.I would recommend this facility to anyone as long as you can afford this. This facility is sure a high end - exclusive class membership and offers other services too such as short term stays, independent living, etc. There are always some kind of events all day such as Yoga class, Poker lessons, crafts, resident meeting, etc. Overall, I would give this facility a five out of five, except location is average.

May 08, 2012

By Matt2

The facility was really top notch as far as assisted-living facilities go. In terms of amenities they have everything you could want from gardening, transportation and even a full library at the disposal of the residents. Their resident medical staff is some of the best I've seen. I would have loved for my grandfather to live here had he not passed before we got all of the paper work done.

August 18, 2011

By cdayton

I visited this facility after a former client moved there. Atria MerryWood is a really nice facility, located in a great section of Charlotte. Immediately upon entering the facility I found the staff to be quite friendly and the atmosphere to be very welcoming, home like, bright, and clean. The facility offers each client their own small apartment and they receive regular assistance from the staff in cleaning and maintaining it. When I visited my client she was enjoying a casual lunch date with a couple of friends. The dining hall was really nice, and reminded me of a restaurant with friendly staff. It was very clean and my client stated the selection of food was wonderful. She also told me that in addition to meals served in the dining hall, there were also options to have meals or snacks anytime that she pleased. I thought this was a nice touch and it made me think that the facility added in these little touches to help residents feel at home and remain as independent as they chose to be. As a guest I felt very welcomed into the facility by both the reception staff and staff I met along the way. I had the opportunity to speak with the activities director who showed me their calendar which was full of lots of different activities and special events for the residents to enjoy. I also was introduced to one of the nursing staff who knew my client by name and seemed very knowledgeable about her job and the facility in general. Overall I felt like my experience at Atria was nothing but positive and I would highly recommend it for long term care needs of more independent seniors who are in need of some level of assisted living care.

June 09, 2011

By anonymousll

Friend or relative of resident

Our uncle has spent the past year as a resident at Atria MerryWood, an assisted living facility in Charlotte, NC. It is at his request that we are sharing some of his experiences and feelings concerning his recent stay. This is a place where family and friends are always welcome. In fact there is a guesthouse where we have twice stayed overnight. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that visitors and residents have a pleasant and relaxing time. The food and accommodations surpass those that we have found being offered at most hotels. Caregivers here at Atria Merrywood become part of your family and you have the feeling that they really do take their duties very seriously. The holistic atmosphere that surrounds this assisted living facility invites everyone to live life as fully and as independently as possible. Personal care assistants are available when help is needed for showers, baths, eating or mobility. Nurses make sure that the medications are being taken on schedule and there are plenty of opportunities for shopping, sight-seeing, exercise and activities. We have been pleased with the personalized care that our uncle has received and it is not just an isolated case. During each of our visits we see the same quality of care being extended to each resident.

Independent Living Reviews for MerryWood on Park

August 31, 2014

By Pat89749950

Atria MerryWood was an exclusive place. Everything was beautiful. I would like to stay there but it was just too expensive. It was nice the way the rooms were furnished. They allow them to bring their own furniture but they also have things that would accent your furniture and would make it look nicer. The rooms were larger yet I think it was a lot more expensive too. They residents were very nice, very polite and they honor the veterans. They had a wall that had the veterans up that had been there as residents. They had an entertainment room where they have people come in to entertain them like a comedian and a singing group. They also had bingo and then they offer transportation when they go to the mall which is near there. They would also take them to the doctor. It’s fantastic there. It was very relaxed and happy and the staff gets along well. You could tell by the reaction of the people when the staff comes by that they like them all and they were good to them.

November 27, 2013

Atria was a fairly good and quite reasonable place. It was homey and the staff was pleasant. The rooms were similar to other ones that we saw. It was near some of the major medical clinics. They had some open spaces. I thought they offered three meals a day. However, we were not very enthusiastic with it because it was a bit far away from the location of our church and relatives.

Thank you for visiting us at Atria Merrywood and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you were pleased overall with our community and it's unfortunate our location is not ideal for your family. If you would like any information about our other communities in the area, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (be sure to include the community name in the subject line.)

Costs for MerryWood on Park

Photos of MerryWood on Park

Services and Amenities of MerryWood on Park

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: HAL-060-118

About MerryWood on Park

In the heart of beautiful Charlotte, NC lies MerryWood on Park. Known for hospitality and a tangible sense of belonging, this is the perfect community for anyone seeking to live their life in their style among warm and joyful residents and compassionate team members.

In a word: the team. We could tell you all day about our amenities, but the real difference-maker is the warmth and hospitality of the team members, many of whom have been here since the community opened more than 25 years ago. We consider it an honor to serve our residents in their home, and we can't wait to meet you!

Map of MerryWood on Park