Brookdale Weddington Park

Reviews of Brookdale Weddington Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Weddington Park

August 18, 2011

By cdayton

I visited this facility after a former client moved into it when he decided that an assisted living facility would meet his needs better than his independent home. My first impressions of the facility was that it's absolutely gorgeous - very bright, clean, modern looking, and open. Each resident has his or her own small apartment and they receive help in maintaining it by staff. There is also a wonderful amount of open area (library, garden, dining hall) to allow for community gatherings. The staff are extremely friendly and one thing that struck me right away was that even though the person I was visiting had only moved in a week or so prior to my visit, at least four staff members addressed him by name and with a smile while I was visiting. He told me several times that he was very happy there and mentioned specific activities that he either had or was looking forward to joining in on. He even mentioned some outings that the facility had planned, enabling the residents to get out and enjoy some of what Matthews and Charlotte have to offer. While I was in the facility my former client was also reminded to take some medication and a staff spoke to him about an upcoming doctors visit that they had helped to arrange as well. He said that he felt his medical needs were being well met while he was there which, being a diabetic and on dialysis, was extremely important to him. Overall I felt confident that he had made the right choice in moving to Weddington Park. He was able to enjoy a beautiful environment and keep up with an active social schedule, while also having his medical and personal care needs met. I would not hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone.

Costs for Brookdale Weddington Park

Photos of Brookdale Weddington Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Weddington Park

• Nurse On Staff: 7:30 A.M. 5 P.M. (Other Hours On Call)

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: HAL-060-042

About Brookdale Weddington Park

Brookdale Weddington Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community features In-house therapy, visiting Doctor every Monday & Tuesday, and a visiting Mobile X-ray and Lab. We are close to shopping, restaurants, and a hospital

Map of Brookdale Weddington Park