Sunrise on Providence

Reviews of Sunrise on Providence

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise on Providence

June 19, 2014

By Elaine19

The first one we chose was Sunrise on Providence Road. I only had him there for five days and I took him out. I didn’t like it there. The room that they gave him was fine. It was kind of nice, but the facility for memory care was very close, small, and noisy. Their food was terrible. It was just not the right place for my husband. I lost a lot of money because they would not give me any money back at all. The staff were good, and when I first arrived, I had all the help I needed to move in, and that was great. When I was moving out, they were too busy to help me. I would not recommend them for memory care.

We are sorry to hear you had this negative experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with your contact information so that we can reach out.Thank you,

The Sunrise Team

May 29, 2014

By Bill46

At Sunrise on Providence, they had good programs for memory loss patients. I would rate them highly. The staff were excellent people and very knowledgeable. At the time I visited it, some of the seniors were doing exercises that they could do sitting down. They were doing some puzzles and different things that people with dementia would be doing. The rooms were very nice. They were the same size and have the same type of facilities, like a shower and a bathroom.

November 20, 2013

By Bobby5

I did visit Sunrise. It was in a great location. It was a newer facility and it did have a good warm feeling about it that would be inviting for the residents. Their rooms were nice, warm and well-equipped. I would also say their rooms were spacious but to a degree that you have a good living accommodation, which would be fine. The people there were very friendly and accommodating too.

September 13, 2012

By CatieJ

I thought this facility was a wonderful place for seniors to live. Everything is very clean and neat, and decorated nicely. The staff is extremely friendly and they treat their residents extremely well. The Sunrise on Providence is a great place to live. The location is great, being close to South Park mall and local restaurants. My boyfriend's grandmother lives in this facility, and she has never been happier. They have so many fun activities and events for the men and women living there; it truly is a warm and engaging place to live and stay active at an advanced age. I noticed his grandmother would be eager to go home and see here friends. Her daughters take much comfort in the fact that she is well taken care of and there in case anything happens while they cannot be there. I was pleasantly surprised because this was a far cry from the typical nursing home I am used to.

April 25, 2012

By YoungAtHeart1

I found this facility to be exceptional. When my grandmother was staying here, I was about 14 and one of my favorite things to do was use the wheelchairs in the hall and ride them around the hallways. The nurses and assistants working there had no problem with me having a little fun as long as I wasn't getting in anybody's way. This type of free loving atmosphere was crucial in my acceptance of the place. I loved the way they took care of their residents, without making them feel like they were living in a prison. The residents, as well as their visitors, had plenty of freedom to live as they wanted to live, which is very important in these kinds of facilities. They made it feel as much like a home as they could.

September 02, 2011

By cdayton

I visited Sunrise at Providence while assisting a family in finding short term respite care for their loved one. Upon entering the facility, we were immediately greeted by friendly, smiling staff. The atmosphere was clean, bright, and free from any kind of negative odors. The staff in this facility in general seemed very friendly. I saw nurses talking individually to residents and also a scheduled activity in the common area (art time). The calendar of activities was impressive and it seemed as if there was plenty to keep any resident busy if they chose to participate. The dining hall was also very clean and set up to feel very "home like". I spoke with two residents who both stated they enjoyed the food. The individual rooms were spacious and it seemed as if residents were encouraged to decorate them to feel like home. I saw many pictures of family members and personal items displayed proudly in the rooms. All in all this facility was very impressive and my client stated she enjoyed her stay there (though was, understandably, also happy to return home). I would recommend it easily and use it for my own family members if the need ever presented itself.

Questions about Sunrise on Providence

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise on Providence. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Come enjoy the rocking chairs on our wrap-around porch, and remember your pet is always welcome too. Visit us today and see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise on Providence home.

What programs or activities does Sunrise on Providence offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sunrise on Providence's Programming and Activities allow each resident to experience complete life enrichment. We invite you to view our week at a glance and month at a glance activity calendars, which promote the health of the mind, body and spirit.

What places are near Sunrise on Providence or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

•Located across the street from Shalom Park, a Jewish Community Center, between Old Providence and Fairview •Near Carolinas Medical Center and Presbyterian Hospital •Minutes away from the Arboretum Shopping Center and Uptown Charlotte, which offers many museums, theaters and restaurants •Victorian-style mansion overlooking a small lake

What transportation services does Sunrise on Providence offer to assisted living residents?

Medical appointments, shopping and fun outings like a trip to a Charlotte Knights game, the Lazy 5 Ranch and more!

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise on Providence exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. Contact us to see what's cooking in our community this week!

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise on Providence offer to assisted living residents?

Trained staff available 24-hours a day

How does Sunrise on Providence keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

•Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse •Social and educational programs for families •Scheduled resident and family meetings

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise on Providence during daytime and nighttime hours?

We offered a personalized model of care that staffs according tot he needs of our residents, not the number of people that live in our community.

If Sunrise on Providence accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly! Come see where your pet could play today!

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise on Providence provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secure Memory Care area that we call our Reminiscence Neighborhood.

What programs or activities does Sunrise on Providence offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Sunrise Senior Living's memory care services are focused firmly on the individual. Dementia slowly interferes with one’s mental ability to manage everyday life. Our memory care services create a safe and stimulating environment for those with dementia--including its most common form, Alzheimer’s.

What techniques does Sunrise on Providence use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Each resident in our Reminiscence Neighborhood has a designated Life Enrichment Manager who consistently cares for them--becoming a trusted friend and learning all of his or her personal preferences.

Photos of Sunrise on Providence

Services and Amenities of Sunrise on Providence

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: Small Pets

• State Licenses: HAL-060-057

About Sunrise on Providence

Located just minutes from South Park Mall, Arboretum Shopping Center and a wide variety of restaurants, Sunrise on Providence sits on 12 acres of hardwoods and enjoys the view of a beautiful lake right outside our back door, as well as right across the street from the Jewish Community Center. We pride ourselves on our spacious suites, beautiful living areas and our outstanding and diverse group of residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise on Providence