9 Assisted Living Facilities near Monroe, NC
Also serving communities of Wingate, Marshville, Waxhaw, Wadesboro.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Monroe area, with 6 in Monroe and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Monroe is $3,495 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Matthews with an average starting cost of $2,295.
To help you with your search, browse the 53 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Monroe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Monroe 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Matthews with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monroe, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Monroe, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monroe
Monroe, North Carolina is a small town to the southeast of Charlotte. For seniors, there are a variety of vineyards with beautiful views, including the Hilton Vineyard and bargain shops such as the Sweet Union flea market. Seniors looking for assisted living facilities in Monroe will find six within the city limits and four nearby. Assisted facilities are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. In Monroe and other parts of the states, assisted living residences is a term that covers adult care homes that have seven or more individuals over the age of 55 and multiunit assisted housing which is not a licensed facility.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monroe
- The cost of living index is based on the U.S. average of 100. In Monroe, the cost of living is 92 which is lower than the state’s average of 95. This makes the city an excellent place for seniors looking for an affordable city to live.
- Summers in Monroe are hot and humid with the average July high around 90 degrees. Winters are mild with the average low around 30 which is ideal for seniors looking to escape the cold. The area does get around three inches of snow per year and approximately 45 inches of rain.
- When crime is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), Monroe is rated 51.4 in regard to violent crime and 64.7 for property crime. This is higher than the nation's violent crime average of 31.1 and property crime average of 38.1.
- Transportation for seniors in Monroe is available through the Department of Health and Human Services. For seniors who are Medicaid eligible, Medicaid will cover rides to and from doctor’s visits and community centers.
- The Monroe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Union Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Monroe has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging in Union County, an organization that provides a variety of classes for seniors as well as at least one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monroe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Monroe start around $3,495 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monroe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monroe
The North Carolina Medicaid State Plan offers assistance to individuals living in assisted living residences in Monroe. This payment is a supplemental benefit standard that is based on the federal Supplemental Security Income payment. The assistance does not include payment for a private room; however, family supplementation is permitted when a private room is requested.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monroe
Monroe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monroe, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monroe
Monroe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Monroe
Review of Brookdale Monroe Square
Brookdale Monroe Square was older, it was not as modern as the others. I didn't like it as much as I like the other Brookdale. It was darker inside and it wasn't as lit. The director there was abso... Read more
Review of Brookdale Monroe Square
We chose Brookdale Monroe Square for my mother-in-law. Starting today we are going to have some limited visitation. Before that we went to a window in her room and from the outside talked to her. S... Read more
Review of Brookdale Union Park
We toured Brookdale Union Park. The gentleman that gave us the tour was very friendly and very nice. We went to a room that was available, but because of COVID they're not allowing you to visit the... Read more