Brookdale Union Park

Reviews of Brookdale Union Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Union Park

April 29, 2014

By Devonne

I do like Union Park. It's very nice, and everybody is nice. I would recommend this facility to anybody. The food was good.

November 20, 2012

By L/H

Let me start off my saying that I have been to a few homes before so they are somewhat the same but with some differences. Union Park is such a beautiful place to be. The staff is so welcoming and so present with the seniors. They establishment is clean and neat, no bad odors just clean scent that greets your nostrils. I and my church members and people from our communities were so pleased to be in these seniors presence, they really enjoyed our company and we enjoyed their company as well, just sit and talk to them and hand out stuff animals. We sang and gave out fruit baskets and it was such a joy. I'm truly looking forward to doing this again. Everyone there warmed my heart and made me feel so good to be able to do something for them. Bringing smiles on others faces is satisfying.

June 01, 2012

By coolboysma

During the time that my mother was a resident I was able to observe an enormous turnover of staff, from the director to the nursing staff all the way to the support staff. Because of the constant changing of personel it was very difficult for both my mother to become acclimated and caused an inconvenience with my own personal dealings on her behalf. I found the facility to be quite dated and worn out and there was little done in respect to updates and repairs. One of my mothers biggest complaints was the food, although the dining room is presented nicely with cloth linens and silverware, the quality and variety of food was extremely poor. It also appeared that there wasn't much of a food budget which accounted for a lot of meals that were of inadequate nutrition, lacking in fresh fruits and vegetables. WIth regards to available activities, there were several choices of group activities including bingo games several times a week and trips to the local dollar stores or department stores. They do offer laundry service as well as allowing the residents to do their own laundry, should they choose to.

December 13, 2011

By Woody1

Union Park Assisted Living in Monroe, NC is a part of the Brookdale Senior Living group which is the largest operator of these type residences in the United States. They currently have facilities in 33 states, so they are very experienced in providing care for seniors. Union Park is conveniently located close to hospitals, doctors' offices, shopping, and other amenities. The center is designed to provide options including private apartments and many community areas. The building is on a single story to make it more accessible to everyone. Each resident receives an individualized plan, tailored to their needs. Fees are based on the services needed to provide the necessary quality care. There are programs and outings for residents to enjoy along with transportation for appointments and shopping. On site are a library, beauty and barber shop, recreation room, dining room, and outdoor gardening and courtyard areas. The staff and nurses are very professional and caring. They provide 24 hour seven day a week service as needed. Overall this seems to be a well run, warm, welcoming residence for seniors with everything from independent living to assisted living and Alzheimer's care. I researched this facility before a family memmber became a resident there, and was pleased with the Brookdale company's mission and background, so I included that in this review.

Questions about Brookdale Union Park

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Union Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age of our resident are 80 and they love bean auction along with trips out of the community

What programs or activities does Brookdale Union Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have Brookdale Fit program along with Flex your brain that stimulates their minds and body.

What places are near Brookdale Union Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a wide array of medical offices for convenience to doctors’ offices. The city is filled with places to eat and trails to walk

What transportation services does Brookdale Union Park offer to assisted living residents?

We offer a bus, flex car, and van for residents to get to doctors appointments and outings fo choice

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Union Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Wonderful Breakfast with homemade cinnamon rolls and waffles created by our chef and have the opportunity to participate in the resident council meetings

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Union Park offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour associates with doors secure and 2 hour checks. Doors locked at night to keep our residents and staff safe

How does Brookdale Union Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We do family calls to let families know of any changes in community or events we are hosting along with nurse calls of any clinical changes

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Union Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale Union Park staffs to care so that we have the right amount of associates to care as our residents age in place

If Brookdale Union Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept both small dogs and cats and have an outdoor area for them to take them to the courtyard

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We offer Learning Management systems with monthly in-services and trainings with our Health & Wellness Director

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Union Park provide to protect residents who wander?

Wander guards and sitter services for a monthly charge. We can also refer them to our wonderful Monroe Square Memory Care community a few miles down the road.

Photos of Brookdale Union Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Union Park

• State Licenses: HAL-090-007

About Brookdale Union Park

Brookdale Place Union Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Union Park