19 Assisted Living Facilities near Concord, NC
Also serving communities of Harrisburg, Mount Pleasant.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Concord area, with 7 in Concord and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Concord is $2,538 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Matthews with an average starting cost of $2,295.
To help you with your search, browse the 101 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Concord. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Concord 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Huntersville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Concord find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Concord, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Concord, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Concord
Concord, N.C., is listed as one of the top places to live in 2017 according to Money Magazine. This small city has two live theaters, a healthy economy and it is home to one of the largest outlet malls in North Carolina. Seniors who like Concord and are in need of help with activities of daily living will find six assisted living facilities located in the city and 13 nearby in places such as Charlotte, Harrisburg and Kannapolis. Assisted living facilities in Concord, and the rest of the state are referred to as assisted living residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Concord
- The Cabarrus County Transportation Services provides transportation for disabled adults, seniors and family members. Rides are provided by a reservation for trips to the doctor, to get groceries and for other errands.
- The cost of living in Concord is less than comparable cities within North Carolina and within the U.S. This makes it easier for seniors who live on a budget.
- Concord receives only around 3 inches of snow per year and an average amount of rainfall. Summers are hot with average highs in the 90s, while the average winter low is 29.
- The violent crime rate in Concord is low in comparison to other cities. On a scale from 1 (low) to 100 (high), Concord ranked 12.3 on violent crime and 49.4 on property crime. The national average for violent crime is 31.1, while the national average for property crime is 38.1.
- The Concord area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Concord has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cabarrus County Department of Aging, which supports the elderly and individuals who are disabled, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Concord
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Concord start around $2,538 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Concord and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Concord
Seniors who require assistance paying for an ALR will find help through the Medicaid State Plan. This plan pays for personal care in semi-private rooms. Individuals who prefer more privacy can supplement the Medicaid assistance in order to receive a private room or apartment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Concord
Concord and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Concord, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Concord
Concord-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Concord, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Concord
Review of St Andrews Assisted Living Center
We have been sadly disappointed with this facility. Things we were told about staffing and the care proved to be untrue. We have been disappointed that we are not welcome as family members to par... Read more
Review of Kannapolis Family Care Home
My husband was in Kannapolis Family Care Home, which had more of a home setting rather than a nursing home setting. It had 24/7 caregivers and they only had three residents there. It was very clean... Read more
Review of Brookdale Concord Parkway
This review is recent as of 5/21/21. My experience with this facility is nothing but frustration and disappointment. When I inquired about the services, the sales department did a fabulous job at ... Read more