19 Assisted Living Facilities near Concord, NC
Also serving communities of Harrisburg, Mount Pleasant.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Concord area, with 6 in Concord and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Concord is $3,172 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Concord. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Concord 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Huntersville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Concord find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Concord, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Concord, NC
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Concord, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Concord
Concord, N.C., is listed as one of the top places to live in 2017 according to Money Magazine. This small city has two live theaters, a healthy economy and it is home to one of the largest outlet malls in North Carolina. Seniors who like Concord and are in need of help with activities of daily living will find six assisted living facilities located in the city and 13 nearby in places such as Charlotte, Harrisburg and Kannapolis. Assisted living facilities in Concord, and the rest of the state are referred to as assisted living residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Concord
- The Cabarrus County Transportation Services provides transportation for disabled adults, seniors and family members. Rides are provided by a reservation for trips to the doctor, to get groceries and for other errands.
- The cost of living in Concord is less than comparable cities within North Carolina and within the U.S. This makes it easier for seniors who live on a budget.
- Concord receives only around 3 inches of snow per year and an average amount of rainfall. Summers are hot with average highs in the 90s, while the average winter low is 29.
- The violent crime rate in Concord is low in comparison to other cities. On a scale from 1 (low) to 100 (high), Concord ranked 12.3 on violent crime and 49.4 on property crime. The national average for violent crime is 31.1, while the national average for property crime is 38.1.
- The Concord area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Concord has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cabarrus County Department of Aging, which supports the elderly and individuals who are disabled, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Concord
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Concord start around $3,172 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Concord and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Concord
Seniors who require assistance paying for an ALR will find help through the Medicaid State Plan. This plan pays for personal care in semi-private rooms. Individuals who prefer more privacy can supplement the Medicaid assistance in order to receive a private room or apartment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Concord
Concord and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Concord, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Concord
Concord-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Concord, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Concord
Review of Brookdale Concord Parkway
My father moved into Brookdale Concord Parkway and his experience was terrible. They had done their assessment and they knew that he has a mild cognitive impairment. So on the first week after he t... Read more
Review of The Living Center of Concord
My father moved into The Living Center of Concord, and everything is okay so far. A little quirk here and there, getting in touch with people, but other than that its fine. Its clean, they do Bin... Read more
Review of The Living Center of Concord
I was very impressed with The Living Center of Concord. The lady that took me around was very knowledgeable. However, it's assisted living and not skilled care, which is what my mother requires, so... Read more