Brookdale Charlotte East

Reviews of Brookdale Charlotte East

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Charlotte East

March 25, 2015

By Carolyn103754350

I have eaten in Brookdale Charlotte East, and the food was OK. I would rate the food about a 3. They had attentive staff, but it did not seem as relaxed. They had smaller bedrooms and smaller kitchens. The dining room was very pleasant. They don't have a buffet. You order from the menu of the day, and it was pretty tasty. I was impressed with its accessibility and security.

June 26, 2014

I visited Wilora Lake Lodge [now Brookdale Charlotte East], and I like the flexibility. You can stay there 30 days after a hospital. They had private rooms and things of that nature, and it seems like the care is quality. They have different room sizes for the different requirements of the folks that are staying there. It was a brief stay, but we did tour the kitchen area and the dining area. They also had a couple areas were you could do group activities, and it was nice. The whole place is clean. The staff seemed to be courteous and knowledgeable. They also seemed to be helpful.

April 28, 2014

We haven't made any decision yet, but Wilora Lake Lodge is a good candidate. It has a family environment setting. Everyone gets to know everyone quickly. My mother spent three days there; she was on their "stay-cation," and she drew a lot of attention from the residents. The residents there were extremely friendly. The staff was excellent, as well as the meals, their dining area, and the servers. The main thing is its private pay, as at the majority of these places.

April 11, 2014

By Linda56244550

I have friends who live in the retirement community, assisted living, and nursing home in Wilora Lake, and they are all fine. It is one of the places I will recommend to other people. It is a fine, medium size community, and it has a comfortable feeling. They have a large lobby for the people to do some puzzles and visit together in the open area. The apartments are large enough so they can have people come in and visit in their rooms. I have been there at birthday parties and different events. I am not in the position where I need to go to Wilora Lake, but that is one of the places that I will consider if I am going.

March 13, 2014

By Sandra-1

Wilora Lake Lodge was convenient for me. I knew someone who was already living there; they had been there for a few years and they were really pleased. The room is fine and there is a variety of food to choose from. They have activities every day at 2:00 pm. They had bingo several times, people come in for entertainment and they had a bible study mom can go to.

November 28, 2013

We saw Wilora Lake Lodge. The residents there seemed happy. The people working there were very good. We had lunch there, the food were quite acceptable. It had a restaurant style kitchen with waiters and waitresses. The security was higher than any other place and you needed a special code to open the secured gate. However, we were not interested because although it was an independent living, it was more on assisted living. The room was small and it didn't have a kitchen like an independent living should have and it would not suit us. Also, it was located not in the best area.

September 10, 2012

By goliathnz_2000

After visiting the place I wished that I could take an early retirement. The staff was very energetic and kept the place in high spirits. The staff was very helpful and patient with residents who had difficulty finishing the daily chores. All facts aside, my friend was happy at this facility and had completed one year last June and I can trust his judgement.

June 20, 2012

By Becky brown

Wilora Lake has provided excellent care for 2 of my family members. They are compassnate, caring and sincere. They go the extra mile for their residents. They are responsive to the needs of the residents and meet their needs with a smile. I highly recommend the facility.

April 27, 2012

By plast

When you think of old southern living, it conjures up images of beautiful summers in historic towns like Savannah and Charleston. Charlotte has a little slice of that charm too, and it is all on display at Wilora Lake Lodge. At least, that's how it felt in comparison to the dreariness that I feared we might find.This was the first of several assisted living facilities that I toured in North Carolina as part of a pre-medical course on geriatrics, and I will never forget the relief I felt when I realized that it was nothing like the stereotypical dormitories you hear such bad things about. The staff had clearly worked hard to keep the place bright and colorful (not too hard in sunny North Carolina!) and the result was a happy, attentive environment where the residents seemed far more happy and relaxed than those I had seen in hospitals earlier that same day. And it's no wonder! Even I enjoying the beauty of the place, and I was there to work!

June 09, 2011

By anonymousll

Friend or relative of resident

My former pastor and his wife now reside at Wilora Lake Lodge in Charlotte, North Carolina. This is a community that provides both independent living and assisted living facilities for seniors. Having visited them three times I have been very impressed with the staff and premises. I do admit that I had my own ideas about what an assisted living apartment might really be like. Needless to say, I have been pleasantly surprised. Instead of a dull and dreary living space Wilora Lake is very inviting and I was treated with gracious, Southern hospitality. My pastor's wife, Ms. Eleanor, beamed as she walked me through their 2 bedroom apartment. Their apartment includes an emergency call system, 2 baths, air conditioning, a balcony and soft, carpeted floors. The windows provide a view of the outdoor gardens. They also keep their apartment cheerfully decorated with fresh flowers and artwork created by a half dozen great grand-children. During my last visit I enjoyed a relaxing lunch with them in the community dining area. It seemed to be like an upscale restaurant and the food was really good. I never once felt like a guest, but I was made to feel as though I were a member of a large family group. According to everyone I talked with there are so many ongoing classes and activities available that there is no chance for any boredom to set in. This is a perfect match for a couple who thrive on being able to help others yet, on occasion, need just a little assistance for themselves.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Charlotte East

April 10, 2014

By Linda82256150

Wilora Lake Lodge seemed like a very nice place. I liked that it was near to my house. The rate was reasonable, and the staff was very friendly. We were seriously looking at moving my father there. However, he had terminal cancer, and it was progressing further. The area that it was in was not a very nice area, which was one of my concerns, but it was an older community, and I thought they were there first before the neighborhood went down. However, it was gated. The rooms were very nice. The model ones were very well decorated. They were very handicapped accessible.

May 11, 2013

By silly me and you

Wilora Lake's staff was very kind. It was mostly the cost that concerned me. It takes a lot of money to live there. I hope they can go by somebody's income rather than just going for a flat fee.

July 23, 2012

My sister is currently in Wilora Lake Lodge. She's been there for 2 months now. I personally chose this facility and this is the one impressed me most. I like best about them is that it was very clean, it was light and most especially it's near my house so I can visit her any time I want. I was very impressed with the staff. They weren't standing around. They were all working. That has proven to be true my first impression. The care is absolutely excellent. If there was one thing that needs to improve, I think it would probably the activities. The activities are very simplistic not very diverse. With regards to the food, it was good & okay. I guess it's seasoned well. My sister is diabetic and she's always glad to see the food and she eats it all and I think that's the key. My sister is in a place where she's getting care from a nurse. But this place has assisted living also. She has Alzheimer's, but at this current time she made a lot of progress. I'm thinking about maybe bringing her home. I just want to tell also that Caring.com is an excellent site! It has taught me so much about Alzheimer's like what to say, what to do. I had no contact with Alzheimer's prior to that. It just helped me so much getting to understand and what she's going through. So I'm very appreciative of Caring.com. They are helping a lot of people.

September 29, 2011

By Tclay

I was very impressed with the Wilora Lake Lodge in Charlotte for several reasons. First, the facility has a independent wing along with assisted living. While their are two wings residents are free to visit other friends from seperate wings as needed. Secondly, I really enjoyed the ambiance of the assisted living wing. When you enter the lobby of this wing the first thing you notice is the large green bird in a see through cage as it is very beautiful. Third, the residents can pre order their food and I love the hardwood floors of the dining area. Lastly, the thing that left a lasting impression on me was the gratitude that permeated the Wilora Lake Lodge. While the director was giving me a tour of the facility one of the residents comented on how good and fresh the tea was. The residents seemed to be very content with the living arangements as I counted at least 5 seperate groups of women putting puzzles together in a very focused manner yet were kind enough to say hi and smile.

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Charlotte East

• State Licenses: HAL-060-060

About Brookdale Charlotte East

Brookdale Charlotte East provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Charlotte East