31 Assisted Living Facilities near Kannapolis, NC
Also serving communities of China Grove.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kannapolis area, with 4 in Kannapolis and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kannapolis is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Salisbury with an average starting cost of $2,852.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kannapolis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kannapolis 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Concord with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kannapolis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kannapolis, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kannapolis
The city of Kannapolis is located just northeast of Charlotte. This thriving city has a population of 48,806 people with more than 12 percent over the age of 65. Seniors who enjoy baseball can watch a game in the spring and summer at the Intimidators Stadium, which is the home to the Class A Chicago White Sox team. There are three assisted living facilities located in Kannapolis and 24 nearby for seniors who need help with daily living tasks.
These facilities are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation. There are two different types of assisted living facilities, including adult care homes, which house seven or more seniors, and multi-unit assisted housing with service facilities. All homes offer medication administration assistance and help with grooming, meals and housekeeping.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kannapolis
- The Kannapolis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Carolinas HealthCare System, in the event of medical emergencies and illness.
- Kannapolis has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cabarrus County Adult And Aging Services, an organization that helps pair seniors with the services they need as well as at least one senior center.
- The Concord Kannapolis Area Transit System offers transportation for seniors to and from doctor’s appointments, for sight-seeing and for various errands. Seniors receive discounted fares for all rides.
- Seniors on a budget may find it easy to manage their money in Kannapolis. The cost of living in the city is ranked 89, which is based on the national average of 100. This is also lower than the state’s average of 96.
- Crime is typically not an issue for seniors in Kannapolis. It is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Violent crime for the city is 16.9, which is low compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime is ranked 32.6 in comparison to the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors who enjoy warm temperatures in the summer will appreciate the July highs of 89. January lows in Kannapolis are around 29. The city gets approximately three inches of snow per year and around 44 inches of rain.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kannapolis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Kannapolis start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kannapolis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kannapolis
Financial assistance is available for seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility in Kannapolis and the state of North Carolina. This assistance is available through the state Medicaid Plan. Eligibility is based on the federal supplemental security income payment and other sources of income. Seniors who prefer a private room may include family supplementation in addition to the waivers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kannapolis
Kannapolis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kannapolis, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kannapolis
Kannapolis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Kannapolis, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kannapolis
Review of The Landings of Cabarrus
My mom is a resident of The Landings of Cabarrus. It's a very relaxed atmosphere with a beautiful area where they can walk. They do activities daily. The atmosphere is bright, too. They have their ... Read more
Review of Best of Care Assisted Living
The management is excellent. They are very caring and work to promote a caring atmosphere. My sister has been there for other 10 years and I have seen workers come and go. No facility is any bette... Read more
Review of Best of Care Assisted Living
I came and looked and visited this nursing home, and honestly the cnas are not professional. They scream and don't have any patience with the residents. Which is why I chose not to put my mother at... Read more