5 Assisted Living Facilities in Statesville, NC
Also serving communities of Olin.
The average cost of assisted living in Statesville is $4,382 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Mooresville with an average starting cost of $3,970.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Statesville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Statesville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mooresville with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Statesville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Statesville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Statesville
The town of Statesville is located in Iredell County, North Carolina and has a population of 26,506. Around 20 percent of the residents here are aged 60 and up. As such, the town offers local seniors a choice among five local assisted living facilities (ALFs) and three nearby. Each community is regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR), which refers to ALFs as assisted living residences (ALRs). The DHSR licenses each community as either an adult care home (ACH) or a multi-unit assisted housing depending on the number of patients it can manage.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Statesville
- Compared to a 100-point rating scale, the cost of living is cheaper in Statesville, with an average 89-point rating. Local seniors in assisted living care may not benefit from the more affordable cost of living, with higher grocery, health, utility and goods and services expenses in the town when compared to the national averages.
- Seniors in Statesville could feel unsafe in Statesville as the town only being 5 percent safer than other cities nationally. Concerning factors include the 66 percent higher violent crime rate, 84 percent increased property crimes and 78 percent more crimes per square mile when compared to the national medians.
- Locals of Statesville experience cool but mild winters that range in temperatures between 23 to 60 degrees from November to March. Residents also experience mild summer temperatures that rarely exceed 87 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing seniors to participate in more outdoor recreations due to comfortable weather conditions.
- The air quality index in Statesville reads 19 percent better than the national average, making it easier on seniors with respiratory issues. The city also has a pollution index that is 32 percent better than the national median.
- The Statesville area offers seniors plenty to experience with its rich history and culture, managed by the Iredell Arts Council. Some of the local and nearby assisted living facilities work together with local owners and transportation services to provide supervised day trips to the towns' well-known attractions, including the Iredell Museums, Statesville Historical Collection and Statesville Sculpture Garden.
- Statesville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Iredell County Council on Aging (ICOA), an organization that helps promote the physical, emotional and economic well-being of residents aged 60 and up.
Paying for Assisted Living in Statesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Statesville start around $4,382 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Statesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Statesville
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Statesville
Statesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Statesville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Statesville
Statesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Statesville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Statesville
Review of Brookdale Peachtree (AL)
I thought Brookdale Peachtree was very nice, but it didn't have any one-bedroom apartments, and that's what I was looking for. The person who gave me the tour was very, very nice, and he gave me lu... Read more
Review of Gardens of Statesville & Cardinal Village
I'd give the Gardens of Statesville a "five" across the board. They exceeded my expectations. I think that would be where I would take daddy if he needed it today. I would do anything in the world ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Peachtree (AL)
Brookdale Peachtree is great. The people there are great. It's well kept, nice, and they decorate really well. The residents seemed to be clean and well taken care of. The cleanliness is excellent,... Read more