14 Assisted Living Facilities near Conover, NC
Also serving communities of Claremont, Taylorsville.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Conover area, with 3 in Conover and 11 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 74 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Conover. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Conover 2.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Conover, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Conover, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Conover
North Carolina retirees looking for a small-town atmosphere and an easy drive to big-city amenities might find Conover worth a look. The 8,400-resident city is the geographic center of Catawba County, and thanks to multiple major highways that pass through it, including Interstate 40, Conover is one of the most easy-to-access cities in the Charlotte Metro Region.
Conover is home to a large senior population, with 17% of its residents aged 65 and older. To serve those who need help with grooming, housekeeping, meals and medications, Conover provides four assisted living facilities, or adult care homes (ACHs) as they’re called in the state. Nearby cities, including Hickory, Newton and Arden, offer another nine. The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation licenses all such residences in Conover and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Conover
- The Conover area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Catawba Valley Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While seniors may pay a little less for groceries in Conover when compared to the national average, that savings may be eaten up by higher healthcare costs. Because housing prices are 32% lower here on average, the overall cost of living in Conover is about 12% lower than the U.S. average.
- Seniors and their families may be concerned by the property crime rate in Conover, which is nearly double that of the U.S. average. Violent crime is lower than the national average by about six points on a 100-point scale. Ensuring the assisted living community under consideration is equipped with state-of-the-art security systems can provide seniors with reassurance.
- Conover is one of the cooler, less-humid cities in North Carolina, which may please seniors who don’t fare well in the heat. July has an average high temperature of 87.6 degrees, and January’s low averages 27 degrees.
- Seniors living in Conover don’t pay state income taxes on Social Security benefits. However, North Carolina does tax income derived from public and private pensions.
- Conover has an array of community resources for seniors, including Neighbors Network, a program in Catawba Valley that provides health and wellness resources, social and cultural activities, and technology, insurance and legal support for adults aged 50 and over.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Conover
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Conover start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Conover and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Conover
Low-income seniors in Conover may be eligible for financial assistance to cover the room and board costs of assisted living facilities through the State/County Special Assistance Program (For Adult Care Home Residents).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Conover
Conover and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Conover, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Conover
Conover-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Conover
Review of Austin Adult Care
My friend has stayed at Austin several times and I have visited there many times. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are no foul odors and that impressed me. My friend says that the food i... Read more
Review of Austin Adult Care
Austin Adult care is a bad place. My uncle lived their and they do not feed their people very well. When he was living their he called us all the time to bring him something to eat. He told us abou... Read more