Brookdale Lenoir

1145 Powell Road NE, Lenoir, NC 28645
Brookdale Lenoir (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Lenoir

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Lenoir

November 28, 2014

By Ray18

I loved Lenoir Park. I was really impressed, and I really liked it. The staff was wonderful. The place did not smell. Everything was clean and brand new. Everything was top notch. Everything was manicured. It was quiet. It was like a hotel with professional hotel standards. Everything was wonderful. It was in a remote, beautiful, wooded area. It was on a hill, and it was really nice. The setting, the grounds, everything was perfect. We met the director, and she was very nice. We also met with a nurse who was there all the time and handled medications. I interacted with a few residents -- like an old couple in the lobby -- and they were jolly and said that it was really a great place and they were looking forward to seeing my parents there. Everything was really friendly and nice. I would recommend them to friends and family.

September 16, 2014

By Janice Story

My mother was at Lenoir Park for a year and a half. More caring people I doubt you will find anywhere. Whatever they could do to help her they would. I was notified immediately of any change they saw in her health. Any questions I had they were always there to answer. I never received a terse word when sometimes I would call before going to work as early in the morning as 6:00 or as late at night as 11:00. Someone was always ready to tell me how mom was sometimes they would check on her and I would call them back in just a few minutes. They never made me feel they were to busy to relieve any concerns I had. We knew before going in exactly how much it was going to cost, there were no surprises. I liked that they had a menu to pick from as to what they wanted to eat. Each table is set with a table cloth and cloth napkins. The extra touches makes it feel more like home, I think. I don't think you will find any better coffee anywhere in Lenoir than what Lenoir Park has. Sometimes I would take a cup with me when I left. I think one thing I noticed right up front- there were no bad odors. I was there often and only one time I smelled something I had never smelled before and mentioned it and they were already working on it. Anything that needed repair it was taken care of immediately. I am very willing to talk with anyone about our experience with Lenoir Park.

January 13, 2014

By Mama's girl1

My mother was in an assisted living facility for a little over 15 months. Some of the CNAs and workers were absolutely wonderful to her. Her entire SS check went to the facility, and Medicaid paid some of the bill. VA was also to pay, the difference in what she was paying and the price of a private room. They put her in the private room as soon as she arrived, as they were positive VA would pay. She passed away Christmas morning. When we went up there the day after Christmas to get her belongings, they had her door locked and said we had to see the administrator and she would not be in until Monday. My granddaughter went up there on Monday and they made her sign a promissory note for $500 per month to be taken from her checking account each month for 3 years if VA doesn't come through. The facility is very pretty and neat, no swimming pool though, but why would they need one. The lowly paid workers were very nice and wonderful, but I can't say the say for the administrative personnel. I'm not really sure the "Director of Nursing" was really a nurse. I don't think she ever checked my mom, even when I told them I thought she was sick and needed to see a doctor. They said they would have the nurse check her out and if she thinks she needs to see a doctor, they would call me. they never called. Thursday before Christmas, she fell out of bed and they sent her to the hospital to see if she had any broken bones. She didn't, but they said she was completely dehydrated, she was suffering from colitis and her kidneys had shut down. None of these ailments were caused by the fall. She had been sick for two weeks, as I kept telling them. She died from colitis and sepsis. She had to be in an assisted living facility, because she could not live by herself and I was not able to take care of her. She had dementia, walked with a walker, then progressed to a wheel chair. Had to be lifted into bed, then back in the chair. Could not bathe herself. We do what we have to do to keep them around a little longer. My mom was 90 years old.

August 01, 2013

By Taken advantage of by LP

I will rate one star even though I do not feel that this place deserves even this much. My mom went to Lenoir Park in mid July, 2013 and was there for one month. We were not informed anything about the $2035.00 community fund that had to be paid up front until we were moving her in. We were told the room would be $2000.00 (which it was $2035.00) monthly and that the medication dispensing fee would be $300.00 (which it was $320.00 plus $32.00 more for communications from her physicians). My mother's SS check is $28.00 above the poverty level preventing her from being eligible for Medicaid assistance. For her ONE MONTH stay at this outrageous place was $4599.78. I am sure the administrative personnel and CEO received a big bonus from this rip off. I DO NOT recommend this place unless you are independently wealthy or on Medicaid.. I plan to report this facility to the Better Business Bureau so that others can be pre warned of their under handed way of doing business I hope no one else is taken advantage of the way that our family was. I do not know if they will permit my review to be shown, but if not, it will be because they know it is the truth and they do not want others to see it.

April 30, 2013

By eillod

I visited this community looking for placement for my grandmother. The staff were nice and welcoming, offered me a drink when I came in. The facility was clean with no odors. The furnishings were nice. I saw several residents and staff while I was there. Everyone seemed happy and content. I will go back and plan to pursue this further for my grandmother.

February 28, 2013

Lenoir Park is close to where my brother lived. We just did a quick walk through of the facility. We didn't get to see much of the staff, but they seem friendly.

September 10, 2012

By Jean5

It is a helpful center, my aunt is very intelligent and can take care of herself she just needs help with cleaning and making dinner for herself so this facility works for her. If however she needs more intense care, she may have to move. everyone seems nice and I have not heard her complain.

Photos of Brookdale Lenoir

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Lenoir

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Lenoir

Brookdale Lenoir provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Lenoir