11 Assisted Living Facilities near Morganton, NC
Also serving communities of Valdese.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Morganton area, with 7 in Morganton and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Morganton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morganton 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lenoir with an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morganton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Morganton, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morganton
Morganton, North Carolina is located at the base of the Appalachian Mountain range in the Mountains Region and is on the national register of historic places. Over 21 percent of the population is over 65 years of age and there are 19 assisted living facilities nearby to accommodate them. All of these facilities are licensed and monitored by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morganton
- Morganton’s weather consists of four defined seasons, with an average of four inches of snow in the winter and lows that dip into the high 20s. In the summers, highs will rise into the 80s. The annual average high temperature is just under 70 degrees.
- According to Sperlings Best Places rating system, which is based on EPA data, Morganton has air quality which is below the national average of 58, with a score of 52.
- The overall cost of living in Morganton is well under both the state and national averages. Only daily necessities like groceries are slightly above both averages overall, while housing, healthcare and utilities are well below both averages.
- Morganton has a surprisingly high crime rate for a town of its size, with the violent crime comparison being higher than both the state and national medians. Because of this, Morganton is only safer than six percent of cities in the United States, which is something for seniors to be aware of for personal security.
- North Carolina’s Department of Health and Human Services offers rides for people who are 60 years of age and older through Morganton’s local Department of Social Services. These rides can take seniors to destinations such as medical appointments or grocery stores. The local Greenway Public Transportation system also offers on-demand van transportation for Burke County, which is where Morganton is located.
- The Morganton area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital in Asheville.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morganton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Morganton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morganton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morganton
The state of North Carolina has an Elderly Waiver for aging, disabled adults and a State/County Special Assistance Program, an SSI state supplement, which gives enough financial support to low-income elderly residents to live in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morganton
Morganton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Morganton, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morganton
Morganton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Morganton, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Morganton
Review of Country Pines Adult Care Home
My visit to Country Pines Adult Care Home in Morganton was good. The staff was very friendly, very helpful, and very knowledgeable. The facility was clean and very well kept. It's just a house, so ... Read more
Review of Grace Ridge
Grace Ridge is very, very nice. Their activity program is superior. Their facility is clean, airy, bright, and friendly. They have an exercise room, they have a beauty salon, and they have an activ... Read more
Review of Grace Ridge
Grace Ridge is very good. It's a lot smaller. They have about 200 people there. They've got one main building. They have some houses, and there are outbuildings. It is extremely well kept. I really... Read more