Mitchell House

Reviews of Mitchell House

Assisted Living Reviews for Mitchell House

December 21, 2012

By Rose11

We went there and we interviewed them and I liked what I saw. The staff is very courteous, kind, patient and loving to the patients. The place is very clean and decorated beautifully. It never has an odor. I think it's well laid out. I like how they have their library and the TV room and the fire place. I like their cafeteria also. It's very convenient to get around for them. My mother shares a room with another lady. She loves it there and she love the food. I tried to get her to move in with us but she refused.

December 20, 2012

By Joyce8

Since my mom died, I have cared for a brother for 15 years and it finally get to a point where I couldn't do what he needed. He needed more than I could do for him. Mitchel place is brand new. We went up and they showed us everything. It was just a wonderful place. It's not that far too. In this area, there is not a place that was suited for him. There are places like in homes but not a facility like Mitchell House. We asked about their financial part and decided that we could do that if they accept my brother. My brother is mildly disabled and he's always been taking care of. He loves it in there. They're so good to him. He's 74 years old. He was kinda going down hill. He was just laying around. He was by himself and living alone since my mom died. I went twice a day to cook and clean and did everything for him. My husband had to have a surgery and I kinda had more than I could handle. I realized that he needed more than I could do for him. So Mitchell House came and check to see what they could do for him. They accepted him and they have just been so good. He's been in a hospital since he's been there and they really did good. He had a blood clot and a heart failure and got him back on his feet. They have really worked with him. They have a nurse who comes in and out. They have therapist who worked with him to get him back on his feet. His room is beautiful. It's really nice. His is a double room. They also have single rooms for private pay I guess. What's good about his room is that it has a divider between the two beds. It gives a little bit of privacy. They have big closet for clothes. It's just really good. They do everything for him. They wash his clothes so I don't to come to do it for him. They assist him with grooming as well. He loves the food there. They all go to a dining room to eat together. I think the social part is good for him too. Actually when we went the first day, they arrange for us to eat lunch with them. They have wonderful meals over there. It's more than what he can eat actually. For him it's like going to a restaurant every meal. They bring him 3 snacks in a day. He's just doing good over there and I'm very pleased.

November 29, 2012

By Kim9

I've been very very pleased with Mitchell House. It's a brand new facility. My mom is in the end stage Alzheimer's. It's a beautiful wing that they have for them. The facility is so close to where I live so it's just wonderful. The staff is excellent. If I have any issues which had not been many, they were right on top of everything. She's having trouble with urinary tract infection so they work with her to keep her system going. Her room is more than adequate for her. I've eaten there and I think their food is excellent. They have activities for their residents. However my mom is kinda past being able to do all of the activities though. I tried taking her to the singing activity but she gets agitated easily. There's not a lot that she can do. She cannot do the puzzles or games anymore. My mom has been with Mitchell house since the beginning of July of this year.

November 29, 2012

By Chuck2

Mom can do her own laundry there and they have activities for the residents to do. Mitchell House is really nice with hard wood floors. It's just a nice quiet place. My mom just loves all the girls there. They take good care of her and keep checking up on her. They have a good staff at Mitchell House. My mom loves the food. I have eaten there twice with her and the food is always good.

Costs for Mitchell House

Photos of Mitchell House

Services and Amenities of Mitchell House

• Companion Suites: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• About Mitchell House

Mitchell House is a senior living provider in Spruce Pine, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Mitchell House for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mitchell House