7 Assisted Living Facilities near Lenoir, NC
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lenoir area, with 4 in Lenoir and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lenoir is $2,760 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lenoir. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lenoir 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hickory with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lenoir, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Lenoir, NC
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Lenoir, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lenoir
Friendly hospitality, beautiful landscapes, excellent health care and seasonal temperatures make Lenoir, NC an excellent place to retire. Designated as a certified retirement community, Lenoir has a wide range of amenities and services for seniors. There are also four assisted living residences (ALRs) within the city and 14 nearby.
Regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services, ALRs refer to any group housing for two or more adults. In North Carolina, ALRs must provide at least one meal per day, housekeeping services and personal care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lenoir
- The Lenoir area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the UNC Lenoir Health Care Facility, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lenoir has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lenoir County Council on Aging, which provides health screenings, plans social events, offers legal services and helps seniors locate assistive devices, as well as at least three senior centers.
- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services provides transportation services to and from medical appointments and various other errands. Several of the senior centers also provide transportation to and from planned events.
- Lenoir experiences hot and humid summers and very cold winters. The hottest month of the year is July when the average high is around 88. January is the coldest month with lows around 25. Lenoir receives up to 50 inches of rain per year, and around four inches of snow.
- The overall property crime rate in Lenoir is 62 percent higher than other cities in North Carolina and approximately 78 percent higher than the national average. For violent crime, Lenoir has a crime rate that is 16 percent lower than the state average and 19 percent lower than the national average.
- Living in Lenoir is less expensive than living in other cities in the United States and cities in the state of North Carolina. Compared to other cities within North Carolina, Lenoir has a cost of living that is 9 percent lower, which makes it an excellent place to retire.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lenoir
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Lenoir start around $2,760 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lenoir and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lenoir
Based on the Federal Supplemental Security income payment, the Medicaid State Plan provides monetary assistance to eligible seniors in adult care homes (ACHs). The plan does not provide assistance for those looking for a private room; however, families may pay the additional cost of a private room, along with the state benefit.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lenoir
Lenoir and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lenoir, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lenoir
Lenoir-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lenoir
Review of Brookdale Lenoir
My mother moved into Brookdale Lenoir, and its really wonderful. We looked at many places, were very satisfied, and she seemed to be very well-adjusted to the move. The staff is very professional... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lenoir
Brookdale Lenoir is very good. The staff is very professional, approachable, and nice. It was a good visit. They have an enclosed courtyard, common room, cafeteria, salon, and a separate medication... Read more
Review of Shaire Center
I have frequented this facility for the last 4 weeks at all different hours and never been in any facility that was cleaner or been taken care of better than this one. The property is beautiful and... Read more