10 Assisted Living Facilities near Boone, NC
Also serving communities of Newland.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Boone area, with 2 in Boone and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Boone is $3,850 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,345. Cheaper nearby regions include West Jefferson with an average starting cost of $3,250.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Boone. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Boone 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West Jefferson with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Boone, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Boone, NC
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Boone, NC
Promotion ends in 7 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Boone
Review of Mountain Care Facilities
The food is horrendous! They DO NOT follow nutritional value at all required by the state. Show up sometime at meals and see for yourself. I never saw any activities being done. Rooms are outdated.... Read more
Review of Deerfield Ridge Assisted Living
I did an undercover visit to Deefield Ridge by going there without an appointment, and I liked what I saw. Everything was very clean, everybody was really nice, and the residents looked happy. The ... Read more
Review of Deerfield Ridge Assisted Living
Deerfield Ridge Assisted Living was nice and clean, and the director was nice. The staff who I came across was nice as well. The room was quite small, but everything else was really nice. We are no... Read more
Assisted Living near Watauga County, NC
More Options Near Boone, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Boone
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Boone, North Carolina is a small town with breathtaking views, award-winning spas and plenty of antique shops along the town’s main strip of King Street. There’s also the weekly Watauga County Farmer’s Market, which runs from May to November, for those who love fresh produce. Seniors will find two assisted living facilities within the Boone, and eight close by in places like Lenoir, West Jefferson and Jonas Ridge.
The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation oversees all assisted living residences within the state. There are two types of these residences, including adult care homes and multiunit assisted housing options with service facilities. Adult care homes refer to residences with seven or more occupants.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Boone
- Boone has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Watauga County Project on Aging, an organization that provides home-delivered meals, transportation services, medical loans and referrals, as well as at least one senior center.
- The Boone area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Appalachian Regional Healthcare System, so you'll be taken care of in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
- The town of Boone has plenty of arts and culture activities for seniors. This includes trips to the Hickory Ridge Living History Museum and the Turchin Center, which holds a variety of national, regional and international art exhibits throughout the year.
- The cost of living in Boone is slightly higher than the national average and other comparable cities in the state. This may be slightly challenging for those on a strict budget.
- Boone has four very distinct seasons throughout the year. Summers are hot and humid, with the average July high around 79 degrees. The average low in January is around 23 degrees. Boone gets approximately 37 inches of snow per year, which is higher than the national average. The town also gets around 55 inches of rain per year.
- BestPlaces ranks crime on a scale from 1 to 100, with 100 being the high. For violent crimes, Boone ranked 14.2, and for property crime, the town ranked 38.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Boone
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Boone start around $3,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Boone and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Boone
Financial assistance is available to eligible individuals living in assisted living facilities in North Carolina and in the town of Boone through the Medicaid State Plan.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Boone
Boone and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Boone, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Boone
Boone-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.