9 Assisted Living Facilities near Meadowview, VA
Also serving communities of Chilhowie, Marion.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Meadowview area, with 3 in Meadowview and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Meadowview. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Meadowview 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Abingdon with an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Meadowview, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Meadowview, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Meadowview
Located in Washington County, Virginia, the community of Meadowview has earned itself a reputation as a vital farming community with tremendous heart and spirit. It is currently home to more than 1,300 residents, with over 19% of the population aged 65 years and older.
Some of these aging residents may benefit from the daily care services offered at a residential living care facility or assisted living care facility, both of which are types of assisted living facilities (ALFs). There are three local ALFs in Meadowview, with more than 10 additional options in nearby communities, all of which are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Meadowview
- Crime rates in Meadowview are far lower than regional averages, which may offer seniors peace of mind. The community is rated 12 out of 100 for violent crime and 28.6 for property crime, compared to the metropolitan area's scores of 21 and 37.1 in the same categories, respectively.
- Meadowview has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Abingdon.
- While the cost of living in Virginia tends to be high, seniors in Meadowview can save on daily living expenses to keep more funds available for ALR care services. At an index rating of 88.1, the cost of living is lower than both the U.S. national average of 100 and the statewide average of 113.8.
- Meadowview has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Just Checking program, an organization that promotes elder advocacy and offers daily reassurance calls to seniors in southwest Virginia to ensure their well-being, as well as three nearby senior centers.
- As the community has no dedicated public transportation system, seniors may find it difficult to get to destinations that are not within walking distance, though many ALFs do offer scheduled transportation services for residents.
- Like many Virginia municipalities, Meadowview has a temperate climate that's comfortable for many seniors. Winters are quite mild, with very little snowfall and temperatures only dropping to a low fo 23 degrees. Summers are hot and sunny, with temperatures climbing into the mid-80s.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Meadowview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Meadowview start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Meadowview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Meadowview
Virginia has two state-sponsored programs in place to help low-income seniors supplement the cost of care at ALFs. Seniors can apply for an Auxiliary Grant Program through the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, as well as Virginia's Supplemental Security Income program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Meadowview
Meadowview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Meadowview, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Meadowview
Meadowview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Meadowview, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Meadowview
Review of Serenity Adult Care
I am a nurse. I liked that the owners and staff care about the residents. The residents like this place better than others with much older people and drug infested adult homes. Keep up the good ... Read more
Review of Serenity Adult Care
I worked with a few different clients who resided in this facility, and most of them had complaints about the staff and management. The meals I observed also did not appear that well-balanced, and... Read more