6 Assisted Living Facilities near Lebanon, VA
Also serving communities of Castlewood, Cedar Bluff, Norton.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lebanon area, with 4 in Lebanon and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bristol with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon was chartered in 1818 as the Russell County seat. Today, seniors can explore Channel Natural Preserve to enjoy the area's maze-like system of sandstones and boulders. Of the town's 3,424 people, 20% are at least 65 years old. Some of these seniors may need help with daily tasks like grooming, hygiene and meals.
To assist this demographic, Lebanon is home to four assisted living facilities, and there are two more in neighboring communities. These facilities offer help with the tasks of daily living, such as grooming and meals, and are regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- In Lebanon and throughout Virginia, Social Security retirement benefits are not taxed. Other types of retirement income, including pension income and retirement account withdrawals, are deducible up to $12,000.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Russell County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lebanon's cost of living is 83.6, 14% lower than the U.S. median of 100 and 30% lower than the state average. This is due to the extremely low housing cost of 65, less than half the state average and 35% cheaper than the national average. This may be good news for family members moving here to care for aging loved ones.
- Lebanon's violent crime rate of 8.7 is about a third of the national median of 22.7; however, its property crime is 51.6, about 15 points higher than the national average. Seniors vetting out prospective facilities may wish to ask what security protocols are in place to protect residents' belongings.
- The annual temperature range in Lebanon is 22-82 degrees, so seniors may want to find out whether a facility has individual thermostats in each room. The city receives 45 inches of rain, well over the U.S. average of 28. However, it only receives 14 inches of snow each year, which is half the national average. There are 200 sunny days, five more than the national yearly average.
- According to the EPA, Lebanon's air quality is 78. At 20 points higher than the national average of 58, this ranking may help seniors with respiratory ailments breathe a sigh of relief.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
In Lebanon and all of Virginia, seniors can seek financial assistance for assisted living costs through the state's Auxiliary Grant.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Hummingbird Retirement Villa
The staff was very friendly and helpfpul. I helped them in the kitchen for two days. The residents have everything they need and could ever want, they are well cared for. The facility is quite larg... Read more