11 Assisted Living Facilities near Kingsport, TN
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kingsport area, with 10 in Kingsport and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kingsport is $3,642 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Bristol with an average starting cost of $2,520.
To help you with your search, browse the 69 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kingsport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kingsport 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bristol with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Kingsport find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kingsport, call (855) 863-8283.
10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kingsport, TN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Kingsport, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kingsport
Kingsport is part of the Tri-Cities region in the northeast corner of Tennessee. With 28 percent of the city's residents aged 60 or over, there's a definite need for the 20 assisted living communities in the Kingsport area. Ten of these communities are located in the Kingsport city limits, and ten are in the surrounding communities of Johnson City, Duffield, Gray and Bristol. These facilities play a crucial role in the local community, and allow seniors who need support with the tasks associated with daily living to live in a safe, caring environment. The Office of Health Care Facilities regulates all assisted living facilities in the state of Tennessee.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kingsport
- In Kingsport, the summers are usually long, warm and humid, and the winters are short, very cold and wet, with annual average high temperatures of 69 degrees and an average annual low of 42 degrees. With an average annual rainfall of 43 inches, weather in Kingsport is not likely to foil the plans of seniors who enjoy spending time outside.
- Kingsport has ten percent more reported violent crime rate than the average for the rest of Tennessee, and its rate is 80 percent higher than the national average. Kingsport has a reported property crime rate that is 65 percent higher than the average of Tennessee and around 92 percent higher than the national average. These high crime rates may result in more vulnerable seniors feeling unsafe in this city.
- There's tons to do and see in Kingsport for seniors with an interest in the arts. With regular concerts, live theater and the Kingsport Ballet, there's something for everyone, regardless of their interests.
- The Kingsport area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Holston Valley Medical Center and Indian Path Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kingsport is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Kingsport has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Kingsport Senior Center, an organization that aims to enrich the lives of local seniors by helping them stay active and socialize with their peers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kingsport
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Kingsport start around $3,578 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kingsport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kingsport
The Long-Term Services & Supports branch of TennCare helps eligible local seniors pay for their housing in an assisted living community.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kingsport
Kingsport and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kingsport, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kingsport
Kingsport-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kingsport, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kingsport
Review of Elmcroft of Kingsport
Elmcroft of Kingsport was absolutely wonderful. They took their times with us during our tour and showed us the different rooms they had. The personnel there is fantastic. My dad has been there for... Read more
Review of Brookdale Colonial Heights
Brookdale Colonial Heights was a very nice and clean place but I didn't see any activity going on and I went 2 or 3 times at different times of the day. I didn't see any interaction with the patien... Read more
Review of The Village at Allandale
The Village at Allandale was good, but I didn't love it for us. I only looked at the memory care, but they had assisted living there as well. Everything was clean, and the people were friendly. The... Read more