Brookdale Kingsport

Brookdale Kingsport (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Kingsport

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Kingsport

August 30, 2014

I've been to Emeritus at Kingsport and I will not go back there. I was able to say there for a month. The food was terrible. They are short of staff, but they were trying the best that they could at that time. All in all, they need to hire more staff.

May 30, 2014

By Linda83482250

My mother-in-law is now at Emeritus at Kingsport. They chose this one because my husband's sister lives in Kingsport. Also they have a couple of aunts who have lived there for quite a while, so they were very familiar with it. They like the staff. They like the way they are taking care of her there. She has a little apartment with a sitting area and a small kitchen, but they provide her meals. She also has a bedroom and a bathroom, and off the back, she has a little walk-out porch where she can go out and sit. Her apartment overall is fine. They also have activities. She plays dominos and cards. They have classes and church services. Right now, it is an adjustment for my mother-in-law, but overall we are really pleased with this community.

May 20, 2014

By Caring79198550

My mother–in-law is at Emeritus at Kingsport. The sanitation is very good. She has a good room; its size is adequate. It's also clean and well kept. Food is adequate as well. However, they could have more skilled help for the number of patients.

July 12, 2013

I was impressed with Emeritus at Kingsport. We did go there for my parents and it was one of our options. Their staff appeared nice. We didn't have an opportunity to eat that day, but it sounded like they have a reasonable options as far as choice of the meals that residents would like. Their rooms were smaller and there was a lack of privacy between two rooms. I didn't think they have doors between two different rooms. That was something we wanted so each parent kind of have their own room. Their living environment was nice but it wasn't open like the one they're living in right now.

February 18, 2013

By Jimmy3

Emeritus was extremely nice. They staff was caring and stayed in contact with me. But distance wise, the place wasn't suitable for our needs.

July 30, 2012

By Z_Berg

When my grandpa was a resident here, he was always treated well and very respectfully. He was in the army when he was younger and they had a nice sign on his door that mentioned his service. They put up photos for him and were always very patient even when at the end, he was often irritable and quite cranky.I always felt that the nurses cared about him as a person. They were extraordinarily kind to my parents and me when we visited, and I often observed interactions between staff and other patients that seemed to be the same great level of care my grandfather was receiving.Regardless of the level of care someone needs, this is an excellent facility. Even the more advanced care units still has a "homey" look to it, and they strive to make everyone, patients and visitors, feel comfortable there.

September 29, 2011

By Michael F.

I highly recommend the Emeritus assisted living facility in Kingsport. It is a very beautiful stone building with a well-kept inside. Emeritus is within driving distance of Johnson City and Bristol, which makes it convenient to commute to and from caring for the elderly when I am stationed there as a caregiver for one of my clients. It is a bit more expensive than most, but definitely worth the extra money to provide a place like this to the elderly who needs frequent assistance from someone to do daily activities.

May 05, 2011

By abby2010

Visited this facility

I worked with an Alzheimer's patient in this facility and was impressed by its cleanliness. The housekeeping staff were quick to respond when this patient had an accident in his bathroom. The rooms were more like tiny apartments, very comfortable and private. The lunch I observed being served appeared enticing and well-balanced. I would highly recommend this facility.

Questions about Brookdale Kingsport

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Kingsport. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our community consists of a wide variety of ages but the average age is around 80 years old. Our resident’s loves to play games, quilt, socialize, etc.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Kingsport offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer B fit, daily devotions, bingo, iPad exploration, walking club.

What places are near Brookdale Kingsport or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Indian path medical center and doctors’ offices is less than a mile away. We are located right in the heart of Kingsport near a lot of shopping and dining.

What transportation services does Brookdale Kingsport offer to assisted living residents?

We offer free scheduled transportation to and from medical appointments and fun outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Kingsport exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef connects with each resident with bringing their favorite food and dishes to the table. He makes sure he is serving food that each resident loves and can relate back to. Our menu consists of those country meals such as meatloaf, mashed potatoes, pinto beans, cabbage, fried chicken, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Kingsport offer to assisted living residents?

We do remain secured 24/7 with coded entry and exit. We offer pull cords in all of our apartments in all areas of the apartment. If a resident/family would like to purchase a pendent system for their apartments for extra peace of mind they can also so that. We are checking on residents multiple times a day to make sure that they are safe.

How does Brookdale Kingsport keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

By phone, email, and especially in person when they are in the building. We try to stay in constant communication with all of our families to let them know what is going on with their loved one and also what events we have going on, so that they can spend good quality time with their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Kingsport during daytime and nighttime hours?

There are 2 resident assistants and 1 nurse at all times.

If Brookdale Kingsport accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale Kingsport has a fully enclosed courtyard that each of our pets can enjoy. It is a safe place to walk due to it being enclosed just in case a pet gets off the leash or away from its owner.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Kingsport provide to protect residents who wander?

All of our exterior doors are locked at all time and you have to key in a code to open the door. This provides security to those residents who start getting dementia.

Photos of Brookdale Kingsport

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Kingsport

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Kingsport

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Kingsport