Brookdale Rock Springs

By Ernie Rumsby

Great Staff...Great Food...

October 20, 2017

By Pamela

I liked that we got one-on-one attention when we visited Brookdale Rock Springs. It was very nice and we liked it very much. Everything in their brochure was pretty much there. The staff member that we met there was excellent, she was thorough, and explained everything very clearly and even followed up several times since our meeting. We saw a 2-bedroom suite and it was very nice.

April 14, 2017

By SKING6

I am an employee

Brookdale Rock Springs is a premier Assisted Living community located in Kingsport, TN. I have the pleasure of being the Executive Director of this wonderful community for 8 years. We treat our residents and associates like family.

May 24, 2016

By Kenneth786305

We chose Brookdale Rock Springs for my dad because it is the nicest one in the area. The staff is very good at handling the people and caring for them. My dad is very happy there and does not want to leave. He has a big bathroom, a walk-in closet, a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchen. It's a suite-type of arrangement. The food is OK, and sometimes he complains about it. He's still very independent there, but he does not have to clean his room or wash his clothes.

July 12, 2013

We chose Emeritus at Remington House because, firstly, the design of the facility itself. It is very open and it doesn't have necessarily the nursing home feel to it. They took a lot of effort on the whole decorum. It is very bright and cheerful. Their community rooms are very open and well-designed. Secondly, in terms of design, they got the rooms that we needed for my parents. My parents were able to get two adjoining studios that were larger than most of the places that we looked at. Their staff has been very helpful and very informative. I'm out of state but they keep me updated about them. They email me back when I have questions or concerns. It is also worth noting that their community relation person is very professional and helpful. So far, it has been a nice place for my parents. Also they enjoy their food there. One thing they could work on though is when they say they're going to do something, they need to follow through with it.

September 23, 2011

By Michael F.

My father is a pastor, who would come to give evening services to the elderly here. Although the elderly are kept mainly confined to the building for safety purposes, they have a nice area out back that they are allowed to visit and sit with an employee on request. The people are cheerful, friendly, and the building is well-kept.

July 30, 2011

By johnnyboy18e

my grandfather lives there. he likes the gazebo and the courtyard. and he likes to listen to the piano player. he also like it because of the location of the facility. he loves to listen to the birds chirping outside. he loves to go waking on the wilderness trail. and the rooms are decent sized for a older person. it is set in a good location near the mall and the wilderness trail,and other attractions. it is also near bays mountain park and warriors path state park. he loves to go to bingo, the movies, and arts and crafts. he also likes to exercise in the exercise classes. he goes to all the church services available in the facility. he also enjoys the dining available at the facility. he says it reminds him of grandmas cooking. he likes the three meals a day the transportation and the apartment maintenance. so he doesn't have to do everything on his own.

Questions about Brookdale Rock Springs

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Rock Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The population of our AL residents are high functioning to those who need assistance. Our high functioning residents may still drive and have very social lives outside of the community, while our other residents have many community activities to enjoy such as Technology Classes, Arts & Crafts, Fitness Classes and many other life enriching activities.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Rock Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Be-Fit, Walk club, Meditation & Art just to name a few

What places are near Brookdale Rock Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Many Restaurants, 2 State Parks, Shopping such as Wal-Mart, Target, Mall

What transportation services does Brookdale Rock Springs offer to assisted living residents?

Tuesday/Thursday for appointments and personal shopping errands

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Rock Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents can expect a vast menu of seasonal menu items as well has local favorites.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Rock Springs offer to assisted living residents?

24/7 Nursing, Personal Pendants

How does Brookdale Rock Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Care plan meetings, family meetings/night

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Rock Springs during daytime and nighttime hours?

1:12 / 1:14

If Brookdale Rock Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a large outdoor area of about 10 acres that pets are free to use as well as the community common areas if they are on a leash.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly In-Services may include Proper Lifting and Body Mechanics, Memory Loss, Medications, Safety, Hazardous Material, Severe Weather etc.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Rock Springs provide to protect residents who wander?

? Residents are checked on periodically throughout the day as well as alarms that sound upon exiting the community with the exception of the front door.

Photos of Brookdale Rock Springs

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Rock Springs

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Rock Springs

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Rock Springs