Brookdale Hickory Northeast

Reviews of Brookdale Hickory Northeast

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Hickory Northeast

October 24, 2016

By Helen648544

Brookdale told me a room cost $3,000 when it was really $6,000. It didn’t seem like it was as congenial as other places. They had really beautiful grounds and transportation. The rooms were pretty good and had adequate closets. I was just disappointed with the price.

March 31, 2016

By Caring Visitor122791650

My brother is in Brookdale Hickory Northeast (formerly Hickory Manor). The activities are good, but the staff needs improvement. The room is very nice but not very clean. The food is not very good. The dining area is very nice. I saw that they had a church choir, someone singing gospel music, and bingo.

December 29, 2015

By Judy118338750

The staff at Brookdale Hickory Northeast seemed fine, although I didn’t care too much for the place itself. The doors were not locked, and it seemed like a lot of people were wandering a lot outside, but it was clean, and the rooms looked nice.

August 15, 2015

By Grace26

Mom would have to share a room with another woman at Brookdale Hickory Northeast, and that was why I did not go with it. I know my mother and her dementia. It would not be the right environment for her. They had a very good administrative manager. He was really nice. It was a good facility, but it was just not the one I wanted.

May 03, 2015

By Carolyn105839150

I liked Hickory Manor (Brookdale Hickory Northeast). It was very nice. It was more laid back and more quiet; it was a place I thought my mama would be more comfortable in. They were doing some games and different things when I was there. Their dining room was nice, but it was a little bit further out for me and a little bit more expensive.

May 29, 2014

The staff is great; the environment is great. The only thing I don’t like about Hickory Manor is if my mother rings her call bell, they charge her. I haven’t had the chance to talk to them about this yet. I just found out in the last bill she had extra charges for using the call bell. One time she couldn’t get her sheet onto the other side of the bed, so she asked somebody to help her, and it's ridiculous to charge for that. What are they there for? I’m already paying extra for them to give her drugs, to give out medication. All the assisted living is like that. But she loves the food, and she’s getting more and more involved in activities. There’s always something going on, and that has made her really happy. They know every resident by name. They’re real good at cleaning and upkeeping.

June 26, 2013

By donnakwhite

This facility cares nothing about their residents. They are under staffed and the upper management thinks it's everyone else's problem because they can't get anyone to work there. For months they've talked about how they don't have a nurse, but no one knows what happened to their nurse, just that she's "on leave." They kick people out for no reason, disregard the feelings and the needs of their patients. If you're not independent (which is not what ALF is) then they look down on you there. Staff appear to be inconvenienced when a resident needs assistance. Staff can be seen in their garden smoking cigarettes with residents, which is disgusting and unprofessional. Staff have their shirt tails out, look unkempt, and look as if there are no policies available at Hickory Manor about dress code or appearance. Upper Management needs to find another job, as one in particular is establishing quite the reputation in the community for being difficult to work with, difficult to consult with and families have stated she is argumentative with them over valid concerns. Hickory Manor is awful!! They'll persuade you that they're wonderful, but they truly do not care about their patients, only their money. Stay away and find somewhere else!

July 10, 2012

By karrie1

One of the things about this facility that struck me the most was the fact that staff had a deeply caring attitude towards the residence. They were consistently not only caring for residents in any way they needed but incredible concerned the residents maintain as much dignity and independent as possible. This can take tremors patience to allow an elderly person to struggle to do something you could easily help them with but many times for many residents this is incredible important for dignity. Contrastingly there were a few residents who wanted to be pampered and didn't want to struggle with menial tasks. These residents were also accommodated. They are always speaking about personalized care plans. Well this facility takes those personalized care plans seriously. Its not just a medical plan its actually treating each person as individual human who has certain preferences, just like you would a member of your family. The only fault I could find in the place was there was a lack of variety in the floor plans of the patient rooms and the food was only good not excellent.

Photos of Brookdale Hickory Northeast

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Hickory Northeast

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Hickory Northeast

Brookdale Hickory Northeast provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Hickory Northeast