8 Assisted Living Facilities near Lincolnton, NC
Also serving communities of Vale, Cherryville.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lincolnton area, with 2 in Lincolnton and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lincolnton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lincolnton 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Arden with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lincolnton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lincolnton, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lincolnton
Lincolnton is a small city in Lincoln County, North Carolina, situated just to the northwest of Charlotte. The city lies close to the Cherokee National Forest, which provides plenty of green space for seniors who enjoy nature, and it offers easy access to the Lincoln Center shopping mall for daily excursions.
The city accommodates seniors who require assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as personal grooming, housekeeping and other tasks, via the 39 assisted living facilities located close by. In Lincolnton and the state of North Carolina, the Division of Health Service Regulation governs these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lincolnton
- Summers in Lincolnton are hot and humid with July highs around 89 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are short and cold with January lows around 29 degrees. The city also gets around four inches of snow per year, which is ideal for seniors who like an occasional snowfall but who don't want to live with the inconveniences of harsh icy winters.
- Seniors on a limited income may find it feasible to manage and save their money due to Lincolnton's cost of living, which at 90.4 is substantially lower than the national average of 100 and lower than the state’s average of 96.
- Seniors in Lincolnton have a 1 in 207 chance of becoming a victim of a crime. This overall crime rate is 31 percent higher than most cities within the United States, which can pose a concern for seniors living in the area.
- Discounted fares on transportation for seniors is provided by Lincoln County for individuals over the age of 60. Rides are available to get to medical facilities, pharmacies, grocery stores and human service agencies.
- Lincolnton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services, an organization that helps match seniors to available resources within the city and county as well as one senior center.
- The Lincolnton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Carolinas HealthCare System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lincolnton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Lincolnton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lincolnton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lincolnton
Room and board are not covered under public assistance for seniors in assisted living facilities in Lincolnton and the state of North Carolina. Seniors on a limited income may qualify for help to pay for limited nursing services in these facilities through the Medicaid State Plan. Eligibility is based on how much an individual receives from their Federal Supplemental Security Income payment and other additional forms of income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lincolnton
Lincolnton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lincolnton, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lincolnton
Lincolnton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lincolnton, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lincolnton
Review of The Addison of Lincolnton
The Addison of Lincolnton was nice and clean. Everything was centrally located and they were doing a lot with the residents. At the time of my visit, they were having a little concert. So, they had... Read more
Review of The Addison of Lincolnton
My mom ended up going to The Addison of Lincolnton, and it seems to be working out pretty well. We like the place. They seem to be very efficient. She had options to bring her own bed and some furn... Read more
Review of Heath House
The staff is lazy!! They say there hiring! But when u have employees off 4 and 5 days a week! That's not good!! In very need of a new staff!! My family member didn't like it! Said the staff didn't ... Read more