Brookdale New Hope

1680 S. New Hope Road, Gastonia, NC 28054
Brookdale New Hope (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale New Hope

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale New Hope

August 30, 2013

By E Walker

Abingdon Place of Gastonia is staffed by a caring group of professionals; at every level - the facility is modern, attractive and well maintained - resident rooms and common areas are designed for the comfort and convenience of the resident and their family --

July 24, 2012

By LouiseW

Abingdon Place in Gastonia is a good place, but I only went there to visit and inquire. The surroundings were beautiful, and you can see that it's a place that's well-kept. I didn't get to make a thorough visit, but I could say that the admin and the rest of the staff were really helpful, and welcoming. The facility itself looks very warm and pleasant but it's too expensive for me. I checked if they accept medicare, medicade unfortunately it's not covered. I didn't get to eat there because i just visited the facility.

May 11, 2012

My Mother is at Abingdon Assisted Living in Gastonia, NC. She has been a resident for 1-1/2 years. My Mother was falling alot before entering this assisted living facility, and we did not know why this was happening. My father was 82 years old and couldn't help my mother with her falling, and we could see this affecting his health also. Abingdon cares about my Mother, and wanted to help her turn her life back to as normal as possible. She ended up having UTI's and this was affecting her mind and her balance. They worked with her in rehabilitation and also monitoring her medicine very closely. My mother still battles the UTI's, but fortunately has people at Abingdon that cares, looks after her, and makes sure she is in the dining room when it is her time to eat. I speak closely with the facility, and also visit daily. If there is something I'm concerned about or have questions with, they are very quick to return emails or answer questions face to face. I do not regret having my Mother at Abingdon. Her own words are: if you can't be at home, this is the next best thing. I would recommend this facility to anyone that really wants the best care for their parent. We are so glad she was at Abingdon because 3 weeks after entering the facility, we found out my father had lung cancer. My mother was already settled getting the help she needed, then 6 months later, my father passed away. We know with the timing of all, God had his hand in the layout of all this.

Questions about Brookdale New Hope

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale New Hope. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a very Independent population with an average age of 85 and they love church services with music and outings. They love to walk around the community and enjoy the area

What programs or activities does Brookdale New Hope offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We provide a wide variety of musical entertainment that allows resident to reminisce along with ice cream social after corn hole

What places are near Brookdale New Hope or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have tons of restaurant along with shopping to local Hamrick’s stores. We have a local botanical Gardens near the community with a wife array of local sporting events

What transportation services does Brookdale New Hope offer to assisted living residents?

We have a van and transportation bus for our residents to local doctors appointments along with resident outings to their places of choice.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale New Hope exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining services manager has a wonderful tenor with our community and offer variety of meals for our residents from home cooked classic meals that they love to enjoy

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale New Hope offer to assisted living residents?

We have locked doors after 8:00pm with alarmed side doors for no entrance after hours

How does Brookdale New Hope keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We make phone calls, emails, and newsletters so families stay informed

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale New Hope during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff to care with above average ratio over state regulations

If Brookdale New Hope accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are very pet friendly and offer outdoor areas for pet exercise

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly CEU presentations and 80 hour trainings along with monthly staff education meetings

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale New Hope provide to protect residents who wander?

We are an Assisted living community that can offer wander guard as a temporary solution along with associate training for redirection. We partner with our local doctors for the best options for our residents.

Photos of Brookdale New Hope

Services and Amenities of Brookdale New Hope

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: HAL-036-013

About Brookdale New Hope

Brookdale New Hope provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale New Hope