Brookdale Robinwood

Brookdale Robinwood (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Robinwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Robinwood

December 30, 2013

I do weekly visits to my friend who is now at Gaston Place. The facility is old, but she likes the place. Her roommate is very, very nice and she also likes that. She gets her hair done there and they do her laundry so that's good. It has been a good experience for her. They have different things going around there. They go on trips, but my friend doesn’t because she's in a wheelchair. I have not eaten there but she said that the food is good.

December 27, 2013

By Annie16

Gaston Place was pretty and clean. They're friendly and nice-looking. They have different sizes of rooms. The staff talked to me and told me what they do there.

July 24, 2012

By JohnnyScene

From what I was able to gather in my experiences with my grandmothers stay, the place is an excellent and trustworthy home for people in extra need of assistance. Rooming was excellently well kept, and there was a caretaker by the name of William who was especially nice to my grandmother during her time there. I was quite fond of the excellent care provided to my grandmother in her twilight years. As opposed to the previous facility in which we had my grandmother staying, Gaston Place was a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. No one made my grandmother feel like a chore, and she always had someone with which to have a good conversation. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest Gaston Place to anyone, and have suggested it to plenty of friends and relatives since. I will forever sing this amazing establishments praises, and my grandmother I am sure would agree with me whole heartily for doing so.

Questions about Brookdale Robinwood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Robinwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age of our residents is 80, although they range in age from 60-100. Several of our residents still drive and even go to work out at the new state of the art YMCA which is located 2 minutes from our community. We have an active gardening club that manages and maintains 6 raised garden beds giving our entire community the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of fresh produce and herbs in our dining program during the growing season. Many of our residents have their own laptop or Ipad. Those that don’t can check out an Ipad from our resident program coordinator as we have 4 that we lend out. A technology class is taught weekly to help our residents trouble shoot and learn new things to do with technology. We have anywhere from 25-30 residents that participate in a staff lead daily fitness regimen that improves flexibility and well-being.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Robinwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Robinwood encourages folks to maintain or even improve their active lifestyle. Our residents enjoy a variety of religious programming that includes Sunday School every Sunday morning and a church service on Wednesday evenings as well. Our programs range from religious, technology, fitness, arts and crafts, musical presentations, brain fitness activities, movie nights, shopping excursions and dining experiences.

What places are near Brookdale Robinwood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our campus includes an expansive covered front porch, a walking trail, outdoor sitting areas, a gardening area, patio and a gazebo. A state of the art YMCA is a 2 minute drive from the community. We are conveniently located near shopping, medical offices and Caromont Regional Medical Center.

What transportation services does Brookdale Robinwood offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation services to medical appointments 3 days per week. We also transport residents various outings for entertainment.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Robinwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brookdale offers a fine dining experience, restaurant style for our residents. We have several options that they can choose from for each meal. Between meals residents are offered snack and beverage options.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Robinwood offer to assisted living residents?

? Robinwood uses a pull cord call system for residents who need assistance. Although residents can come and go freely in our community, the front door locks in the evening at 8pm and remains locked until 8am for resident safety.

How does Brookdale Robinwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Phone calls, text or email based on the families preference. Special events are usually communicated via mail.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Robinwood during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based on resident care needs. It changes based on the acuity of the residents who reside in the building at the time. Therefore, this number will vary.

If Brookdale Robinwood accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale Robinwood does acceptCats or dogs under 25 lbs.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff is required to fulfill 12 ongoing educational requirements yearly. This varies from clinically based programs led by nurses or social workers, online learning programs, as well as classes taught by professionals invited to come into the building for educational programs

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Robinwood provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Robinwood is an Assisted Living Community. At the present time, we do not offer memory care in Gastonia, NC. Therefore we are not equipped to safely care for those who are considered an elopement or wander risk.

Photos of Brookdale Robinwood

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Robinwood

• State Licenses: HAL-036-015

About Brookdale Robinwood

Brookdale Robinwood provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Robinwood