Brookdale Union

Reviews of Brookdale Union

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Union

April 11, 2014

By Karen81631350

Gaston Manor looked nice and clean. The personnel who worked there seemed to be very happy and went out of their way to talk to me even if I didn't have any real appointment. They went out of their way to show me around quickly and answered any questions for me. They seemed to really like their job; they like working with the residents. It all looked good to me.

January 17, 2014

By Cindy35

Two of my aunts are in Gaston Manor. The main reason why they want to go there is because it has a homier atmosphere and I think that they like that part. The activity director there tries to keep something going for them all the time. However, one of my aunts has cancer and she does not feel like going a lot. But they try to get her out. My other aunt has not been well either, but she tries to join in the activities in the facility like the Christmas party they have. It is well organized and there are number of relatives that come as they try to make the families involved. One of my aunts is picky with the food, but she doesn't complain about the food and they are very complimentary about the meals. Most of the staff is very accommodating. They have very caring people. I have a problem with one of my aunt's laundry. But when I talk to the lady, she gets on with it right away. They have a shared room, which is big in size with two beds. It is bright, airy and cheerful. They are very comfortable there.

September 19, 2013

By Jerry13

Gaston Manor is a nice facility. I visited the place and I liked it and I even want to move in, but they are expensive. I looked at one of their rooms and it's a nice. The dining room has a nice cooking area. It was a really nice facility. I really have nothing against it. The people are really nice and the lady that I talked was really nice. I would surely recommend this facility to people who can afford the price.

August 24, 2013

By Andrew9

It was comfortable. The rooms were okay but a bit small. The staff were professional. However, my aunt had a dog that needed to be walked outside; my concern was how that could be possible without being a huge problem to my aunt. They needed to have a better perimeter around the property.

Questions about Brookdale Union

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Union. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

75 is the average age for our community. Love getting pampered, going to the beauty shop, socializing, and Bingo.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Union offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a variety of outings, musical entertainment, exercise classes, BINGO, Bible study, and many more!

What places are near Brookdale Union or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Brookdale Union is close to a shopping mall and restaurants.

What transportation services does Brookdale Union offer to assisted living residents?

We have a driver for the bus for outings and a flex for appointments and one on one outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Union exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Variety of options at every meal. Chef takes time to find out what residents would like to see added to the menu, and offers nutritious options

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Union offer to assisted living residents?

Wander guards and gait belts. All doors are locked except the front which locks automatically at night.

How does Brookdale Union keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Quick responses via phone calls. Care conferences with executive director and health and wellness director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Union during daytime and nighttime hours?

One Resident Aid and one Med Tech to 20 residents

If Brookdale Union accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, if the resident is able to take care of them.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Hands on CE classes and monthly online training as well (LMS).

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Union provide to protect residents who wander?

Wander guards. All doors are locked except the front which locks automatically at nigh

Photos of Brookdale Union

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Union

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: HAL-036-012

About Brookdale Union

Brookdale Union provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Union