15 Assisted Living Facilities near Gastonia, NC
Also serving communities of Cramerton, Stanley, Mount Holly.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gastonia area, with 8 in Gastonia and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gastonia is $2,946 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 93 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gastonia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gastonia 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kings Mountain with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gastonia, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Gastonia, NC
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Gastonia, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gastonia
Gastonia is a small town that’s just 20 minutes from downtown Charlotte. There’s access to the Catawba River, for those who like to fish, and the shopping district includes antique markets, consignments shops and the Barnyard Flea Market in nearby Dallas. There are eight assisted living facilities in Gastonia and 56 more nearby in places like Kings Mountain, Cramerton and Lake Wylie.
Assisted living facilities in Gastonia and the rest of the state are called assisted living residences (ALRs) and they are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services. There are two types of ALRs for seniors to choose from, including adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing with service facilities. Family care homes are those with two to six residents, while ACHs have seven or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gastonia
- The Gastonia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the CaroMont Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Gastonia has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Gaston County Senior Center, an organization that provides exercise, classes and special services like tax preparation, as well as at least three senior centers.
- Seniors with transportation needs can find assistance through the Gaston County Department of Health and Human Services. The service provides rides to and from doctor’s appointments and for various errands.
- The cost of living index is based on the United States average of 100. IN Gastonia, the cost of living is ranked 86, which is lower than the state and national average. This makes Gastonia an excellent place for those trying to live within a budget.
- Like other cities within North Carolina, Gastonia experiences four distinct seasons. Summers are typically hot and humid with the average high in July around 89, Winters are cold with the average January low around 30. Gastonia gets about 2 inches of snow per year and around 44 inches of rain.
- Crime in Gastonia is higher than the national average when comparing to comparable cities. On a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), Gastonia ranked 57 in violent crime and 64.8 with property crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gastonia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Gastonia start around $2,946 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gastonia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gastonia
Eligible seniors who need help paying for personal care in an ALR can apply for assistance through the Medicaid State Fund. This fund generally pays for semi-private rooms, but families may supplement the aid in order to request a private room or apartment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gastonia
Gastonia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gastonia, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gastonia
Gastonia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Gastonia, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gastonia
Review of Brookdale Robinwood
Brookdale Robinwood is a good place and I'm very happy with the service we're receiving. They're very considerate of what she needs and wants. It's a very clean place and it has everything you need... Read more
Review of Terrace Ridge
Caregiving staff at Terrace Ridge are kind and patient and work hard. There is rapid turnover of staff and always too many new ones. Too often, staff members are seen working extra long shifts to p... Read more
Review of Terrace Ridge
My father is in Terrace Ridge. It is good. Some neighbors who lives there recommend it, that's why we went with that one. The food could be better, but it's not bad. They offer day trips to places.... Read more