Brookdale Ebenezer Road

Reviews of Brookdale Ebenezer Road

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Ebenezer Road

September 13, 2016

By Tanya042087

My mother is in Brookdale Ebenezer. They have a recreational lady who does different things with them like bingo and ball games. They serve three meals a day. The staff is very nice, pretty quick in responding, and do what I ask them to do. I have been there when she is eating and it seems to be good. They have someone that straightens her room every day and cleans it once a week and someone who washes her clothes. There is a lady that comes there and does her hair once a week. They have services and people who come in there and look at them, but my mom has already her own doctor. I like it.

December 16, 2015

By Charles117609050

She’s in Brookdale for about a year now. The staff is better, as far as the care is concerned.

May 13, 2015

By joness

This community used to be a great place. However over the past few years it has really ran down hill pretty quickly. Seems like the employees are never happy, quite rude at times and barely do the duties asked of them. I have known many people who have placed their loved ones here- several of them complain about the care and one elderly lady didn't receive a shower for WEEKS! She always had on the same clothes every day. Some were found laying in their beds with feces around them. I also know that the director of the facility would rather heavy medicate the seniors than redirect or offer other solutions. Too many other options in the Rock Hill area to consider than take a chance on this facility

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss them in greater detail.

January 25, 2015

Brookdale Place Rock Hill was expensive. The staff was very nice. I liked the rooms very much, but one of the rooms that I visited had a terrible smell. The dining room was OK -- nothing special.

October 15, 2013

I wasn't really thrilled with Sterling House. The living environment was just acceptable and I really didn't feel it was that good. A room there includes a private bath, a kitchenette, a small closet, and a dresser. They would provide a bed but you can bring your own furniture. I told them that my husband doesn't sleep in bed and that he sleeps in a recliner; however, they didn't like that. Regarding activities, they didn't have anything going on then when I was there. We did think about moving my husband in this facility. I told them that my son is going to be visiting us. When they noticed my last name, they said, "Well, he can't come in." My son had some legal issues at that time, and basically they said that our son can't come in to see his dad.

July 10, 2013

By Elizabeth19

Sterling is very nice. I was a little surprised at the diversity of the rooms that they have. I've had meals there and it's very nice. The staff was always very accommodating. They have an assisted living facility and total care. The residents are interacting with each other and they're very happy there. I think it's a very nice and homey facility.

August 13, 2012

By deeddg

The director Scott T. & his staff Have been the most far reaching example of client care I have witnessed in many years. The examples of "above & beyond the call" given potential residents let alone current residence is exemplary

January 27, 2012

By in-lawcare

My mother-in-law was a patient at this facility. She had the onset of Alzheimers and this made it very difficult to care for her at home. This facility was a locked facility. No one in or out without permission or being accompanied by someone. The nursing staff, at best, was adequate. They provided the basic of care. I don't feel that they went out of their way to take care of the patient's needs. It was basically, here you go take this and move on. The cleaning staff seemed to do a good job. Rooms were cleaned very nicely and trash was collected regularly from the apartments, as they were called. Inside security was in question as male and female alzheimer patients were in the same area. Men just walked in to my mother-in-laws room while we were there. This was not acceptable. The food provided was healthy. Meals were served 3 times a time and they could ask for food or snacks at other times. The problem here was if they did not show up for a meal, they were not always followed up on. She could miss several meals. Family was to be notified of all appointments and extra care given or needed. This did not always happen. I know the facility was for assisted living and not total care, but I think this facility fell short of its duties.

June 16, 2011

By Patrick F.

Other

Due to the high costs of mom's previous facility where she was in an Alzheimer's unit, we had to reduce monthly expenses. Also, we felt that most of the patients where she was were mentally more impaired than she was and I wanted her to have more meaningful interaction with residents. So, I put her in Sterlinghouse, which is a for profit continuing care facility that does not have various units and does accept Medicare benefits. All of the levels of care are together and as a patients' conditions worsen, they simply change the list of services that a patient receives. This seems to work well as far as individual one on one patient care goes, however since there is not a concentration of memory patients, there is a dearth of activities for patients of mom's specific condition of dementia. All in all I found mom's care at Sterlinghouse satisfactory, however Sterlinghouse did not identify mom's dehydration. The single limitation of Sterlinghouse's level of care is that they do not accommodate patients needing IVs or feeding tubes.

Photos of Brookdale Ebenezer Road

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Pets: All Pets

About Brookdale Ebenezer Road

Brookdale Ebenezer Road provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Ebenezer Road