Abernethy Laurels

Nursing Home Reviews for Abernethy Laurels

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Abernethy Laurels

August 31, 2014

By Joe42

Abernethy Laurels has it all. They have a team of all five doctors with a PA. They have a swimming pool, exercise, and they take care of the people really good. Here in the homes, the villas and the cottages, they have emergency switches, which if you have a problem you could hit one of the switches and they will move to call you, and if do not answer they will send medical and help to your home. They also have buttons that they wear around their necks and if they had any problems, they can push the buttons for help, and they will come and help them. It is really nice because as they progress in life and need assistance, they can move into more assisted homes right on campus. My parents just moved in there last Saturday. I have talked to many people who have relatives there and everyone that spoke to said they were very satisfied with the facility. They are very attentive to their residents.

August 13, 2014

By Robert89732850

Abernethy Laurels is a church affiliated facility with apartments, house and skilled nursing care. It’s an extremely nice place and very clean. They seemed to be a very congenial group of people. They gave us a nice tour on our first visit. We toured the apartments, homes and condos. We also had a complete tour of the main dining room and swimming area. They have nice meetings and information presentation there; we attended their information session. We found them to be very good and we enjoyed the people we met. I’ve been there for other things too. They’re good people and they have a nice church organization. They seemed to have everything you want except we didn’t have the money. I would recommend them highly.

June 28, 2012

By Lewis L.

Abernethy Laurels is awesome! The people have always been attentive and caring, the independent living amenities are great, and if assisted living or full care is needed, the facility is top-notch. Would definitely recommend to any family in need.

November 18, 2011

By Miss. C

that the family could of been more active with activites, if I could of been made aware of needs for activites such as needing help getting Pts. to & from things or buying craft, party needs....

July 30, 2011

My mother was once worked at Abernethy Laurels, though she is no longer associated in any way with this facility. I had the opportunity to visit there on a number of occasions and was always very impressed. Located on Highway 16 near the small town of Newton, Abernethy Laurels is convenient to Charlotte, Hickory, and Lincolnton. (It can be easily spotted from the highway by its charming clock tower.) Abernethy Laurels has a wonderful reputation in the community and I think it is well deserved. The grounds are beautiful, as is the facility itself. From the moment you step into the lobby, you feel as if you are in a luxury hotel. The facility is clean, airy, and incredibly spacious. The walls are adorned with artwork and there is even a sunroom area complete with live fruit trees. Though I don't know a great deal about the activities the facility offers, I know there are a wide variety of fun things available for the residents to do. (I have had the opportunity to eat there, however, and the food was delicious.) Most importantly, is the level of care the residents are given. I am a nurse myself and have known several nurses who worked there. I believe the residents receive the highest quality care in an excellent setting, and I recommend Abernethy Laurels wholeheartedly.

July 26, 2011

By 1234

Abernethy Laurels is a beautiful campus in western North Carolina. The homes and community are very spacious and beautiful. The property and grounds are maintained immaculately. The staff and caregivers at Abernethy Laurels are very caring and supportive of all residents who live there. They are a continuing care retirement community with all levels of care.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Abernethy Laurels

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Abernethy Laurels

Refund Plans: 50% of Entrance Fee; Declining balance to 0% (Price: 71% of Entrance Fee) Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Abernethy Laurels