5 Assisted Living Facilities near Raeford, NC
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Raeford area, with 2 in Raeford and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Raeford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Raeford 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pinehurst with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Raeford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Raeford, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Raeford
Located in Hoke County approximately 30 minutes from downtown Fayetteville, Raeford is a small North Carolina town named after the Confederate General Robert F. Hoke. The town has a population of 4,900, with 22 percent being over the age of 60. To accommodate this senior population, there are 20 assisted living facilities in the area and two within the town limits. Commonly referred to as assisted living residences, these facilities are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation and provide help with grooming, meals, housekeeping and medication administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Raeford
- The Raeford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including FirstHealth Hoke Community Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Raeford has an array of community resources for seniors, including the North Carolina Senior Citizens Association, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
- The Hoke Area Transit Service (HATS) is a county-operated transportation service that provides door-to-door rides for seniors in Raeford and the surrounding area at discount fares. The service also offers standard mini-vans for small groups and 28-foot buses for large gatherings.
- Seniors can hold on to more of their money due to the cost of living of 92.4 in Raeford. This is lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 96.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, (100 being high), property crime is ranked 74.6, compared to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 62.4, compared to a national average of 31.1. Seniors should take extra caution on errands and when exploring the city alone due to the high rate of overall crime.
- In Raeford, summers are hot and humid with highs around 91 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are short and cold with lows around 31 degrees. The city only gets an average of two inches of snow per year, which is ideal for seniors who aren’t fond of white winters.
Paying for Assisted Living in Raeford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Raeford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Raeford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Raeford
Low-income seniors who require help with daily living may get help paying for an assisted living facility in Raeford through the State/County Special Assistance Program. The amount of help offered is dependent on the individual's Federal Supplemental Security Income payment and any other additional sources of income. While the plan doesn't pay for a private room, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Raeford
Raeford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Raeford, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Raeford
Raeford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Raeford, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Raeford
Review of Open Arms Retirement Center
I'm in Open Arms Retirement Center right now. The place is great. The staff is very helpful and very attentive to me. I'm only here because I just had a stroke last year. The place is fantastic. Th... Read more
Review of Wickshire Creeks Crossing
I went to The Crossings at Wayside. It really looks more like a nursing home, but it's alright. The staff was knowledgeable, and the outdoor area was nice. It was pretty basic, but the upkeep of th... Read more
Review of Wickshire Creeks Crossing
The Crossings at Wayside was the first place I chose for my uncle. They had a smoking area that was very clean, it was outside, and the smokers could be supervised. The dining area was nice, clean,... Read more