12 Assisted Living Facilities near Fayetteville, NC
Also serving communities of Hope Mills, Roseboro.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fayetteville area, with 11 in Fayetteville and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fayetteville is $3,417 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Raeford with an average starting cost of $3,095.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fayetteville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fayetteville 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lumberton with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 11 families in Fayetteville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fayetteville, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Fayetteville, NC
1 Assisted Living Facility near Fayetteville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Fayetteville, N.C., is a lively city filled with museums, art and the opera, and it is also close to beaches and world-class golf. This makes it a great place for seniors looking for an assisted living community. Assisted living communities are called assisted living residences (ALRs) in Fayetteville and the state of North Carolina. There are two basic types of ALRs, including adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing with facilities. These ALRs are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation Licenses. There are 11 ALRs within the Fayetteville city limits and one nearby in Hope Mills.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
- The Fayetteville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fayetteville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cumberland County Council on Older Adults, which is a non-profit organization that helps older adults maintain their independence, as well as three senior centers.
- The climate in Fayetteville is ideal for those who appreciate four distinct seasons. Summers are hot and humid with highs in the 90s, while the winter low is around 31. The area also gets approximately 2 inches of snow per year.
- Those on a budget will enjoy the low cost of living in Fayetteville. When compared with other cities in North Carolina and other comparable cities in the U.S., Fayetteville is lower.
- Crime is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Fayetteville has a violent crime rating of 47.2 and a 71.3 rating on property crime, which are both higher than the state and national averages.
- The Community Transportation Program in Fayetteville offers transportation services for seniors in the area. This program offers rides to and from medical appointments, to the grocery store and even for various outings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Fayetteville start around $3,437 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fayetteville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
For seniors who need financing in order to live in assisted living, the Medicaid State Plan offers assistance for eligible individuals. Residents who prefer living in a private room may supplement their Medicaid State Plan with a private payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fayetteville
Fayetteville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fayetteville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fayetteville
Fayetteville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fayetteville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Review of Carolina Inn at Village Green
The caregivers are excellent and caring. They treat your family member(s) like family. My Mother in law resided there recently until her passing and I was so impressed how the staff treated my fami... Read more
Review of Carolina Inn at Village Green
I've rated Carolina Inn at two stars simply because the facility looks nice enough for me to have wanted to place my dad there. Unfortunately, this facility turned down my dad after having accepte... Read more
Review of Harmony at Hope Mills
The Crossings at Hope Mills was very nice. The rooms were very nice as well. The person who gave us the tour was wonderful. Read more