Cumberland Village Assisted Living

Reviews of Cumberland Village Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Cumberland Village Assisted Living

May 15, 2016

By finolady

Where should I begin. I am a temporary resident and am here due to a physical problem and this is convenient to my dr and rehab. If this were not the case I would be gone, I would not put my worst enemy here. The food is almost inedible and only improves if they have advance warning of an inspection..today I found a weekly menu posted too high to read from my wheelchair so I asked an aide for a copy as I an housed in the far side of the building. I was told I will check . She left and never returned, I sat there then asked aide 2 and3 with the same response, then #4 aide came and I was getting very annoyed. Was told wait until tomorrow and ask/ I said I have a printer and could make a copy if they didn’t want to pay for the paper. She FORBID me. I said I am supposed to eat it and I should be able to have a copy and would pull the pins and go make one. She pulled it down. I asked for her name and got no response. There is much more. Dementia and alzheimer’s patients are housed mixed among others, exterior doors are alarmed but not locked and are not checked when they go off. There are no emergency call bells except a metal bell you hit manually to ring it. If you fall and I have you lay on the floor screaming help. Most of the aides are nice and helpful but understaffed so aides work the floor, give showers, and wait on tables. They do OT too. No nurses are employed here , no CNA;S. MOST HERE HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, I have seen “med techs” who dispence pillls work 3-4 days in a row/12+hours a day. Safe??? Much more, if you care, DO NOT PUT A LOVED ONE HERE NO WIFI ONE BEDROOM ARE THAT ONE BR ONLY CABLE IN THE ROOM BRING OWN TV MAX RATE NOW $2300 PETS ALLOWED 500.00 DEPOSIT OR THAT IS ON MY PAPERS ALSO THEY REMOVED MY TOILET DUE TO A BAD WATER LEAK THE TOILET WAS OFF 6 DAYS WITH SEWER LINE OPEN TO ROOM

July 06, 2014

By gaitsigo

I am very unhappy with this facility. In my sister's room, the sink has been leaking onto the floor for at least 2 months. They are always going to get it fixed 1st thing. She asked for a pain pill today and after 30 minutes a relative went to inquire why she hadn't gotten the medicine. The med tech said she had forgotten and handed the vicidin tablet to her to give to my sister. When inquiring about trash bags for the public bathroom to throw away the genie bag of dirty diapers she was told to just put them in the public bathroom and they would take care of it later. (A week ago we were told that the home had no custodial staff on the weekends.)The aide was busy on her cell phone. In most facilities the staff is cautioned to not be using or texting, etc... on cell phones while on duty. And as odd as this sounds, none of the staff wear any identification.Staff members should always wear their ID's both for safety reasons as well as a courtesy to visitors.

September 16, 2012

By Cure-alzheimers

The staff was friendly how ever there didn't seem like there was a large amount of African american residents. The staff did a lot to take care of my family members and accommodate us while we were visiting. The prices were fair but eventually we had to take our family member out of the facility because of an incident due to the Alzheimer's. My relative actually was able to escape the facility. She snuck out of the place. They called us and notified us because she only made it up the street but the thought of her being out by yourself scared our family so we thought it would be better to keep her home. It was an isolated incident and not the first time she's been known to run away. However they handled the situation very professionally and I would recommend them to anyone in need of an Assistant Living Community

Costs for Cumberland Village Assisted Living

Photos of Cumberland Village Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Cumberland Village Assisted Living

• Features Extra: Library

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Adult Care Home
  • State Licenses: HAL-026-062

About Cumberland Village Assisted Living

At Victorian Senior Care, we value creating a home away from home that offers a relaxing, enriching and enhancing lifestyle. Our services include the following: Dining, Transportation, Activities, Medical Care, and Salon Services.

Each community is unique and we celebrate that. From independent living, assisted living, memory care and respite services, each Victorian Senior Care community provides resources that help people and their family’s transition into a “home away from home.”

Cumberland Village offers quality assisted living in attractive surroundings close to home. Our assisted living care provides services to fit the lifestyles of seniors who need assistance with activities of daily living while offering social interaction and coordinated medical care.

Map of Cumberland Village Assisted Living