6 Assisted Living Facilities near Danville, VA
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Danville area, with 4 in Danville and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Danville is $3,528 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 18 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Danville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Danville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Yanceyville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Danville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Danville, VA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Danville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danville
Danville is located near the Dan River in southern Virginia in an area that was originally inhabited by Siouan-speaking native tribes before the town was settled in 1728. Danville has a population of 40,693 people, 19.7% of whom are seniors. These residents are served by the six assisted living facilities located nearby.
In Danville, as in the rest of Virginia, assisted living facilities are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services and are indeed officially known as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danville
- Seniors concerned about safety should be aware that the rate of property and violent crime in Danville is higher than the national average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest possible environment, violent crime scores a 30.3, while property crimes have a rating of 58.9. These scores compare to a United States average of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- The Danville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sovah Health-Danville, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Danville provides a number of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy, including guided museum tours, multi-cultural celebrations and wellness seminars. These events are laid out in a brochure published specially for Danville residents aged 55 years and older.
- Seniors looking to avoid the snow will appreciate that Danville only receives an average of 5 inches per year, which is 23 inches less than the national average. The town also receives a good amount of sun with an average of 221 sunny days per year.
- Danville is an affordable place to live with a cost of living that is 24% below the national average and just over 36% less than the state average. Seniors can expect to pay the most for healthcare and the least for housing.
- Virginia provides significant tax breaks for Danville seniors. The state does not tax Social Security and only partially-taxes withdrawals from retirement accounts. Public and private pension incomes are also only partially-taxed.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Danville start around $3,528 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danville
Seniors on a budget can apply for the Auxiliary Grant which provides eligible Danville residents an income supplement to help offset the cost of assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danville
Danville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Danville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danville
Danville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Danville, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Danville
Review of Brookdale Danville Piedmont
Having my sister at Brookdale Danville Piedmont was okay, but the food wasn't good and the care wasn't great. The one thing they do have is a big common area where everybody goes, so if you want yo... Read more
Review of Brookdale Danville Piedmont
The lady I talked to at Brookdale Danville Piedmont was excellent. She answered all the questions I had. In my opinion, it's a nice place. It also looks very clean. Read more
Review of Bright Leaf Place
Brookdale Danville was a very nice place; however, they did not accept Medicaid. They were very nice and took me around to the rooms they had available. I met some of the staff. The room we were lo... Read more