17 Assisted Living Facilities near Elon, NC
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Elon area, with 2 in Elon and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 78 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Elon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Elon 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burlington with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Elon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Elon, NC
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Elon, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Elon
Elon, North Carolina, is located just to the east of Greensboro and in the Piedmont area of Central North Carolina. This small town is rich with history and has a lively downtown shopping district that is ideal for seniors to stroll and browse for deals. The city has a population of 10,227 with 18 percent over the age of 65. To accommodate these seniors, Elon has two assisted living facilities within the city and 56 nearby in places like Burlington, Graham and Greensboro.
Assisted living facilities in Elon and the state of North Carolina are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation. These facilities include adult care homes with seven or more individuals and multi-unit assisted housing with service facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Elon
- The Elon area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Burlington.
- Elon has an array of community resources for seniors, including Alamance ElderCare, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
- The Alamance County Transportation Authority provides rides for seniors to doctor’s appointments and for daily errands. Along with a fleet of 27 buses and vans, there are also vans equipped with lifts to accommodate most riders.
- Seniors may find it easier to manage their money living in Elon. The cost of living in the city is 96.9, which is compared to a national average of 100. The costs of living in Elon is comparable to other cities in the state, which also have an average of 96.
- Elon experiences hot and humid summers and cold winters. Summer highs are around 89 degrees and January lows are around 28. The area gets approximately three inches of snow per year and 45 inches of rain, which means there are plenty of days for seniors to enjoy the outdoors.
- The rate of crime in Elon is 92 percent lower than crime in other parts of the state. It is also 92 percent lower than the national average, which makes Elon a safe place for seniors to live.
Paying for Assisted Living in Elon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Elon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Elon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Elon
Elon and the state of North Carolina provide help paying for an assisted living facility through the Medicaid State Plan. Seniors may be eligible based on the federal Supplemental Security income payment and other sources of income. This program does not offer help for private rooms, but seniors may supplement the program with family funds.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Elon
Elon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Elon, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Elon
Elon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Elon
Review of Blakey Hall
We chose Blakey Hall for my mother-in-law. Her room there was clean and has plenty of room. The dining area was nice and seems to serve good food. The staff is very helpful, nice and professional. ... Read more
Review of Blakey Hall
I came by for a tour for my family member and was appalled by how the staff or shall I say lack of staff they had and for the amount of money they expect people to pay you should not be told by sta... Read more
Review of Blakey Hall
My Mom lived here for several years. This was the perfect place for her,as she was very independent and yet it still allowed her to feel safe and secure. She made some wonderful friends here,and e... Read more