Twin Lakes Community

Reviews of Twin Lakes Community

Nursing Home Reviews for Twin Lakes Community

March 15, 2012

By Hettie Striver

The Twin Lakes Community in Burlington is one of the best nursing homes in Alamance County. I have volunteered at the Memory Care Unit on many occasions, which is a special wing dedicated to care of patients that suffer from Alzheimer's, dementia, and other memory related problems. The residents are well taken care of -- they are given many activities throughout the day, they are engaged in physical therapy as well as therapy to help maintain their cognitive skills, and there are many recreational facilities for the residents to be involved in. The staff at Twin Lakes are cheerful and very supportive during the difficult times of memory loss. They have created a positive caring atmosphere, that is in total contrast to many of the nursing homes I've visited in the past.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Twin Lakes Community

February 27, 2015

We have close friends who live up in Twin Lakes Community. It is laid out nicely, and it has a very convivial and friendly atmosphere. They have a memory care program, assisted living, and nursing home. They have a workout counter, a smallish pool, and programs. The location is very nice because it's so close to stores and to Elon University. The people who live there love it. It's very comfortable.

October 18, 2014

My mother was in Twin Lakes for 3 weeks for rehab. She was happy there. The food was good and the cleanliness was excellent. The rooms didn’t impress me much, it was fairly clean. I did not see the memory care but I've heard it was really nice and also expensive.

October 10, 2014

By Grey1

I had my grandmother at Twin Lakes. They’re really nice, more upscale facility. The place is beautiful. It looked big, and the staff seemed very friendly and really helpful. They let me know every step of the way what’s about to happen. They’re very informative. In the skilled nursing facility, she gets 24/7 around-the-clock care. She is basically on her floor all the time. They have everything. They had a magician one time. They have a lady that comes every Tuesday who plays guitar and tries to get them all to sing. They seem to be pretty active.

September 27, 2013

By Roy13

The care that you will receive at Twin Lakes is one of the best in the state of North Carolina and the best in the county. You couldn't ask for a better place for anybody to live. They also have an Alzheimer's unit and they have very good doctors. Some of the staff there had been there 15 or 20 years. They have a very stable staff.

September 23, 2013

By Grace14

I had been to Twin Lakes and I was impressed with it. I liked the different styles and types of homes and apartments. The sales people were extremely nice. The residents were in their 80's but they were very active. They had lectures and activities.

October 05, 2012

By Stapler

From my experience there, I was very impressed by the quality of living and care the residents receive. When my children went there to do their Christmas chorus performance, we were greeted by a warm welcome of the workers and residents alike to make us feel like welcomed and appreciated. The one part of the facility was the memory unit for those who are living there with declined mental health and diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer's. This area of the facility was designed to look like a small city. This was extremely interesting to see and must also be very interesting for the residents of the Twin Lakes community. The walls were painted incredibly with pictures that included life-like illustrations of buildings, stores, and pedestrians. These paintings also included depictions of people flying kites and walking with each other. This is one of the most amazing works of art I have ever witnessed and would love to visit this facility again in the future. Another advantage of this Twin Lakes facility is, at the time we were there, the facility dog was there to greet us as well. The dog would be a large entertainment for the residents and also for the workers and visitors, like us, as well. The dog seemed to be every friendly with everyone it met and made everyone it interacted with very happy.

August 08, 2012

By mert1

exellence in performance

August 11, 2011

By jksmith77

Twin Lakes is the type of retirement community that does not seem like one. It just seems like an ordinary private community with great amenities. The building is placed on a beautiful amount of land that is probably pushing about 40 to 50 acres. The greenery (flowers and trees) seem to engulf the area and there is seemingly nothing but beauty surrounding the area. There is a huge pond on the outside and plenty of other outdoor things to view. In fact, there are just too many to mention. The inside is very, very beautiful. It is set up into apartments or actual homes, the choice is yours. The assisted living facility provides meals and other amenities like a music room, a game room a library and a salon amongst other items. Overall, this is one of the finest establishments I have ever seen and one of the largest.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Twin Lakes Community

About Twin Lakes Community

Refund Plans: Declining Balance for 30 mos.; 50% of Entrance Fee (Selected residences); Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Twin Lakes Community