6 Assisted Living Facilities near Martinsville, VA
Also serving communities of Henry, Bassett, Stuart.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Martinsville area, with 4 in Martinsville and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Martinsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Martinsville 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Martinsville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Martinsville, VA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Martinsville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Martinsville
NASCAR is big in Martinsville, which has a population 13,645, as evidenced by the crowds who turn out for the various races at Martinsville Speedway. There are a few other attractions for senior citizens in the area in the way of museums and walking trails. Martinsville has four assisted living facilities with six more nearby for seniors who need help with activities of daily living. The Virginia Department of Social Services licenses assisted living facilities in the state and sets guidelines such as a minimum number of four residents per facility.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Martinsville
- Martinsville receives an average of 213 sunny days per year, a bit higher than national figures. Also, above-average is the amount of rainfall, which totals about 45 inches per year. Fortunately for many senior citizens, the city gets a mere 7 inches of snow a year, meaning that they may be able to venture outside often during the winter. Of course, they’ll have to bundle up first as January lows reach down to 26 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The violent crime rate is a relatively low 27.4 out of 100, on a scale of one to 100, with 100 representing the highest crime totals, and the property crime rate is 43.7. Seniors should take commonsense precautions to safeguard against crime, especially when going to popular events. However, they probably don’t need to worry excessively.
- Martinsville can offer a lot of bang for seniors’ bucks. Its overall cost of living is 75 on a scale where 100 represents the national average. Martinsville’s housing, in particular, is dirt cheap, coming in at 39. Seniors may be able to save a lot of money by finding assisted living in Martinsville.
- The air quality ranks 54 compared with the national average of 58, with 100 representing the best air quality. A score of 54 indicates that there may be a few days when seniors should follow alerts to stay inside or take other precautions.
Piedmont Area Regional Transit offers public transportation Monday through Friday in Martinsville and Henry County. The fare is $0.50 per trip. Seniors may feel limited with this as the only public transportation option.
- The Martinsville region offers a range of arts and cultural opportunities for day trips. They include the Virginia Museum of Natural History, Rucker’s Communication Museum and the Smith River Artisan Trail.
Paying for Assisted Living in Martinsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Martinsville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Martinsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Martinsville
Martinsville residents receiving SSI along with some low-income seniors may qualify for a state auxiliary grant to pay for assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Martinsville
Martinsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Martinsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Martinsville
Martinsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Martinsville
Review of King's Grant
We visited King's Grant. They had one nurse on duty at night. They didn't have a way of keeping their dementia patients confined. Based on what we told them about my mother-in-law, we got the very ... Read more
Review of Blue Ridge Manor
My biggest reason for choosing Blue Ridge Manor was proximity to my niece. My mother likes the food. The atmosphere seems very good, the staff is very nice, and the residents have been very nice to... Read more
Review of King's Grant
Kings Grant has a good reputation; people speak well of them. They seemed to be very friendly and helpful and answered all the questions you need. The staff was very friendly and nice too. Read more