15 Assisted Living Facilities near Canton, OH
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Canton area, with 8 in Canton and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Canton is $3,092 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 97 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Canton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Canton 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Massillon with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Canton find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Canton, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Canton, OH
Promotion ends in 3 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Canton, OH
Other Options in Canton, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Canton
Review of The Landing of Canton
I visited The Landing of Canton and it was okay. There wasn't anything wrong with it but I just didnt like it. The people were nice, the place is nice and it's homey so I don't really have any iss... Read more
Review of Canton Regency
Admission plan was a little weak. Overall onboarding and care was good. Nice facility. Rooms well laid out with adequate space. Appreciate the activities offered. Read more
Review of Sanctuary Grande
I visited Sanctuary Grande. Its a beautiful facility with multiple floors and the room size was nice. The staff was very friendly. The dining area seemed OK, and the price seemed comparable. Read more
Assisted Living near Stark County, OH
More Options Near Canton, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Canton
Canton, OH, is the place where modern football began, and today it's home to the National Football Hall of Fame. It's also home to 15 assisted living communities, where seniors get the help they need with various activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, personal care, dressing and meal preparation. Many communities also organize special events and group day trips for their residents, though this varies by the property. All residential care homes in Ohio come under the umbrella of the Ohio Department of Health’s Office of Health Assurance and Licensing, which inspects sites for quality of care and health and safety issues.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Canton
- Canton is close enough to Akron, OH, to share much of its weather. Summer highs in this part of Ohio rise to 84 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter lows dip to 20 degrees Fahrenheit in December. The cold and dry air of winter can sometimes create difficulty for seniors with temperature-sensitive breathing issues, such as COPD.
Canton's cost of living is somewhat lower than it is nationally. Groceries here typically cost only 96 percent what they do elsewhere, while seniors who pay for their own health care are likely to have bills up to 2 percent lower than elsewhere in America.
- Ohio has a statewide income tax that runs from 0.495 to 4.997 percent for most forms of income from work. Local income taxes add between 0 and 3 percent for most of the state's employed residents. Social Security income and other types of retirement income are tax-exempt.
- Canton's crime rates are unfortunately high, with some categories at about double the national average. Crimes that most affect seniors, such as assault, are less common though, and most of the property crime is unlikely to be an issue for seniors in fully staffed assisted living communities.
- The Stark Area Regional Transit Authority operates 40 bus routes around the city. Senior discounts are available for adults over 60 with valid ID. These IDs can be had from any of the Authority's public offices.
- The Canton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Aultman Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Canton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Canton start around $3,092 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Canton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Canton
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Canton
Canton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Canton, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Canton
Canton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.