16 Assisted Living Facilities near Massillon, OH
Also serving communities of Navarre, Brewster, Canal Fulton, Dalton.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Massillon area, with 4 in Massillon and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Massillon is $3,107 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include North Canton with an average starting cost of $2,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Massillon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Massillon 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canton with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Massillon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Massillon, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Massillon
Massillon, situated in northeast Ohio, about 60 miles south of Cleveland, was founded in 1912. It was supposed to be a Utopian society with all residents sharing both the work and the profits, but that plan didn't succeed. Today, the city is home to 5,383 seniors, some of whom may need assistance with the tasks of everyday living. There are four assisted living facilities in Massillon to support this growing demographic, and an additional 12 facilities located in nearby towns and cities, such as Canton, Brewster and Navarre.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Massillon
- Ohio fully taxes retirement savings account withdrawals, which could have an impact on Massillon Seniors when it comes to preparing for their monthly expenses.
- The low cost of living in Massillon may be of interest to seniors with restrictive monthly budgets. The city’s cost of living is 82.8, lower than the Ohio average of 87.7 and the national median of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay less for housing, groceries, healthcare, utilities and transportation here than they would elsewhere in the state or country.
- Massillon has a violent crime rate of 19.3, three points lower than the national median of 22.7. Its property crime rate is 43.8, almost ten points higher than the national median of 35.4. Seniors and their families may want to ensure that prospective facilities have security features like alarm systems.
- The air quality rating in Massillon at 58 is the same as the U.S. average, which means seniors will breathe as easily here as they would in most other U.S. cities. However, it’s always a good idea for seniors with respiratory issues to check daily pollen levels before heading outside for the day.
- The Massillon area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Canton.
- July highs in Massillon reach 83 degrees, and winter lows drop to 20, which might make this an ideal location for seniors who are looking for a city without extreme seasonal temperatures for retirement. The city also gets 38 inches of snow each year, 10 more than the national median of 28 inches, which makes it hard for seniors who use mobility aids to navigate.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Massillon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Massillon start around $3,107 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Massillon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Massillon
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Massillon
Massillon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Massillon, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Massillon
Massillon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Massillon, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Massillon
Review of Amherst Meadows
This place should be shut down, my father-in-law was yelled at my a nurse and is now back in the hospital. Nurses too busy to care for him. People answering phone too busy to do their jobs, because... Read more
Review of Danbury in Massillon
My aunt is going to Danbury in Massillon and we found the facility to be nice and great. The food looked fantastic and the menu looked great. Read more
Review of Danbury in Massillon
I liked everything about Danbury in Massillon. They had a lot of activities like bingo, tours, and so on. They had nice walking paths. Everyone that we came in contact with was fantastic, and they ... Read more