23 Assisted Living Facilities near Fishers, IN
Also serving communities of McCordsville.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fishers area, with 6 in Fishers and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fishers is $2,738 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pendleton with an average starting cost of $1,974.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fishers. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fishers 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Noblesville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fishers, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fishers, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fishers
Fishers, which is a suburb of Indianapolis, was named #1 Place to Live in the US by Money Magazine in 2017. This booming city has a population of a little over 90,000, of which roughly 7 percent are over the age of 65. The city is home to six assisted living facilities, though seniors who are willing to branch out will find another 45 communities nearby. In Fishers, as in all of Indiana, assisted living facilities are officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). These facilities provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services to five or more individuals. All facilities are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency (FSSA) Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fishers
- Fishers scores 40 out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index. While its seasonal temperatures are on par with national averages, the city receives fewer sunny days and has high humidity levels in the summer, which may be a concern for seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- Fishers is a safe city, with violent crime and property crime rates that are well below both state and national average. This may provide peace of mind for seniors.
- The cost of living in Fishers is slightly higher than the U.S. average, which may be a concern for seniors on a budget. Healthcare expenses are about 14 percent higher here than they are elsewhere in the nation, though groceries and transportation costs in this city are below the national average.
- The Fishers area is home to world-class medical facilities, including IU Health Saxony Hospital and St. Vincent Fishers, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fishers has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Shepherd’s Center of Hamilton County, an organization that provides social, recreational and educational opportunities to older adults, as well as one senior center.
- Fishers is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fishers
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Fishers start around $2,738 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fishers and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fishers
Seniors in Fishers can apply to receive financial assistance from several programs to help pay for their assisted living expenses. Currently, there are four programs available to qualifying seniors: Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP) and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fishers
Fishers and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fishers, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fishers
Fishers-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fishers, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fishers
Review of The Enclave Senior Living at Saxony
The Enclave Senior Living at Saxony is amazing. I toured around ten facilities and it's absolutely the nicest. The staff is really nice. Everything is clean and in good condition. We've eaten there... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Fishers
My mother started in a lovely 2 bedroom resident and changed 3 times at the Hearth at Windermere. The rooms depend on the furnishings that each family brings with them. Our family was the first an... Read more
Review of Hamilton Trace
We chose Hamilton Trace for my mother-in-law, and so far she is extremely happy with where she's at. The staff takes her blood pressure, checks her heart, and makes sure she's eating her meals. The... Read more