Harbour Manor & The Lodge

Reviews of Harbour Manor & The Lodge

Assisted Living Reviews for Harbour Manor & The Lodge

January 03, 2018

By Freyja

My father is at Harbour Manor & The Lodge. The layout is nice and the appearance is wonderful. It's very welcoming. I've been in contact with the staff and generally speaking, they've been very good. There have been a few lapses from time to time. They have a small library, a happy hour in a bar area every evening, and they have areas for the residents to gather that aren't just the dining area. He seems happy with the food, but he can't eat in the dining area. His food has to be brought to him.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear you have been satisfied with your father's care. Please contact us if you have any concerns.

September 03, 2017

By Sue/Edith

I would have no problem recommending Harbour Manor and The Lodge to anyone looking for a home for their loved one. The facility is very pleasing, the atmosphere is very "home" like, and the staff is very, very helpful.

Thank you for your kind words about our community! Our staff strives to provide the highest level of service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!

Nursing Home Reviews for Harbour Manor & The Lodge

July 27, 2020

By KaC1972

The customer service is great. The nurses are very helpful and are willing to go above and beyond in meeting the needs of my mother in law. The rooms are spacious and are well attended when needed. The food is good and always on time. There are always times that when I feel uncomfortable , the staff is willing to pop in and check on her and help out in anyway they can.

July 27, 2020

By Sue Smith

Over the last 5 years, I have had my mother in law and sister in both the Lodge and Manor. As hard as it was for us to place our family in a facility, we couldn't be happier with Harbour Manor. The long term care world is a difficult one to navigate, but I also have felt there was a true passion from so many of the employees here. From the administrator to housekeeping, if there was ever an issue it was addressed promptly. I am so thankful to have these caring people taking care of our loved ones.

July 24, 2020

By Karen S Smith

The nurses and CNAs are very caring and always helpful. The nurse calls me when there are any issues or things I need to be made aware of. The receptionist, Tonya, is the BEST!! The office staff has always been available to answer questions and address concerns. My moms room is big enough for her things.

September 06, 2019

By dktwyatt

My mother began living in the memory care unit and remained there about 6 months until she was no longer a walk away threat as her dementia progressed and became wheelchair bound. I am happy with the care she received and the staff was always letting me know if there was any problems or situations. Naturally some requests or concerns would fall through the cracks, but honestly, the nursing staff seems overworked. I'm not so sure there is enough staff. There are always activities or entertainment. My biggest piece of advice is to remove all jewelry and not leave anything that means something to the family. When it goes missing, it won't come back. My mother was in the nursing home section for another year and a half before she passed away there. Mame, my favorite nurse, kept us updated on what to expect as the end neared and was so very kind to us through those final weeks and days. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff was during and finally at my mother's death. Everyone was kind, sensitive, and thoughtful. I would recommend Harbour Manor.

December 16, 2017

By Donna

My father is in Harbour Manor & The Lodge. It's really nice and I like it. My father's room is alright to me. They have people that come in to entertain, Bingo, and Bible study. They also have a library.

June 24, 2017

By a grandma

my friend never got the food for her urine al over she waited over an hour food never on time 930 sometimes for supper after one week she wanted togo somewhere else no staff on aib one nurse for 40 people

June 06, 2017

By terri050687

Harbour Manor looked very nice. I liked the apartment sizes with a separate bedroom, and it has a lot of amenities that my father doesn’t necessarily have. His room currently isn’t as large as what they offer, so that would be something nice for him. It looked very nice and very well-kept -- good attention to details. They have a game room and an exercise room, and they do classes, game time for cards, and a lot of the things that he currently has.

April 25, 2017

By Kathy612176

We went to Harbour Manor & The Lodge. It wasn't as homey as the other two places we visited. It seemed like you were on a cruise ship. It was more like a vacation place than a home. The staff was friendly and informative. They served three meals a day. They had three buildings where they had different levels of care.

August 17, 2016

By cheryl510654

I had a daughter who spent some rehab time at Harbor Manor. It looked beautiful, but the care was substandard. It's terrible, and I wouldn’t go there for any reason. The staff was not helpful. Outside of the rooms, it looked clean, but they didn't have supplies, and they left everything as it was for two days.

January 06, 2015

By irish pop ride

I witnessed so much at this place while visiting my friend . My friend would be covered in urine , the staff would forget to give my friend their dinners on several occasions . I encountered attitude problems from the nursing staff when I would ask them to check on something for my friend . I found out that my friend fell in the middle of the night and got hurt . This place tried to hide it from the family by not telling them . The family found out when they discovered bruises that were pretty severe on my friend while they were visiting . Please , if you can put your love one some place else , please do so .

October 10, 2014

By JohnR

My mother has been a Medicaid resident at Harbour Manor for over a year and has always received the best of care from a very loving staff. There are many activities that she enjoys including bingo, sing-a-longs, story telling, poetry reading, outings, magic shows, Sunday worship, performing musicians and singers and a beauty shop where she gets her hair done every week. Mom is 97 and I visit her at least 3 times a week so if there were problems with resident care, I would have been aware of them by now. And, most importantly, if I thought there was a better facility for Mom than Harbour Manor, I would move her immediately. Mom thrives there, has friends and her mood is always positive. Working in a nursing facility is a very demanding and difficult job where you must love taking care of many residents (and their families!) From my point of view, they deserve a 5 star rating.

December 11, 2013

By Livehappy

The worst place , I would find my father soaked in urine all the time and they would just leave him like this . The worse place on earth .

Costs for Harbour Manor & The Lodge

• State Licenses: 16-000551-1

• Nursing Home Starting At: $3738/month
  • Get Costs

About Harbour Manor & The Lodge

At Harbour Manor & The Lodge, you’ll see our family-centered philosophy shine through in all that we do to make the living experience truly special. You’ll see it in our thoughtfully designed residences and welcoming gathering spaces – and in the variety of services, amenities, engaging events and activities we offer residents and family members. You’ll feel the warmth of being part of our family.

We welcome family visits and always appreciate the family’s participation, suggestions and concerns. Because we share a common goal – the well-being and happiness of each person we serve – we go the extra mile to ensure the senior living residences and health care services we offer meet everything from lifestyle desires to a wide range of personal needs. It all contributes to optimal quality of life for residents and their family members when they choose Harbour Manor & The Lodge for assisted living, memory care, inpatient or outpatient short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, long-term care, respite, or hospice care.

Common spaces throughout our community invite residents and guests to gather and socialize, enjoy educational sessions and entertainment, or participate in a variety of events and activities.

Community Amenities Include:

• Paved walking trails through our landscaped campus
    • Outdoor patio with shade structure
    • The Lodge reception area/living room with welcoming fireplace, beamed ceiling, huge windows and rustic elegance, plus a movie theatre, pub, fitness gym, and more
    • Welcoming dining rooms and lounges
    • Activity rooms
    • Beauty salon/barber shop
    • General store
    • State-of-the-art, fully equipped therapy gym
    • Complimentary WiFi throughout

Community Events and Activities

Harbour Manor & The Lodge offers events and activities designed around resident interests. Family members and friends are welcome to participate.

• A wide range of special events and programs
    • Musical entertainment
    • Educational programs
    • Recreational opportunities and games
    • Specialized activities at each level of care

Health Care Services

Harbour Manor & The Lodge offers senior living residences with assisted living support, plus a complete continuum of health services:

• Licensed assisted living
    • Short-term rehabilitation featuring our Specialized

Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Services (STARS) including physical, occupational and speech therapies

• Memory care
    • Skilled nursing care
    • Long-term care
    • Respite care
    • Hospice care

Family first is our philosophy at Harbour Manor & The Lodge an approach that goes back to 1977, when CarDon & Associates was first established. Based in Bloomington, Indiana, CarDon is one of the largest providers of senior living options in Indiana, raising the expectations for the entire industry with our commitment to personalized, passionate attention across a continuum of health care needs. Thank you for your interest in Harbour Manor & The Lodge, please give us a call to schedule your tour.

Map of Harbour Manor & The Lodge