27 Assisted Living Facilities near Zionsville, IN
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Zionsville area, with 3 in Zionsville and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Zionsville is $3,460 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Brownsburg with an average starting cost of $2,885.
To help you with your search, browse the 174 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Zionsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Zionsville 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Carmel with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Zionsville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Zionsville, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Zionsville
Zionsville, with its historic Main Street, is one of Indiana’s top tourist destinations. An estimated 26,710 people live in this historic town, and 10 percent of residents are seniors. The Zionsville area is home to 24 assisted living facilities, with two located within town limits.
Indiana’s assisted living communities provide housing and supportive services, such as personal care, to residents. Some communities are also licensed to perform medication management, nursing care and other tasks. They are licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Zionsville
- Compared to the U.S. average, Zionsville’s cost of living is 32.4 percent more expensive. Indiana’s cost of living is 13 percent lower than the national average, so seniors may prefer to retire in a more affordable part of the state.
- The Indianapolis metropolitan area is ranked as one of the most polluted cities in the U.S. by the American Lung Association. It is poorly rated in two air quality measures: short-term and long-term particle pollution.
- The town has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Indianapolis.
- The Zionsville area offers plenty of opportunities for fun. Active seniors can enjoy Zionsville’s many parks and recreation areas, such as Creekside Nature Park, Big-4 Rail Trail and Heritage Trail Park. The town offers many events throughout the year, including free outdoor concerts in the summer.
- While Indiana doesn’t tax Social Security benefits, it fully taxes private pensions, IRAs and 401(k) plans. With these tax policies, the state has been ranked among the 10 least tax-friendly states for retirees. Seniors who are considering a move to Zionsville may want to consider the effect on their taxes.
- Seniors in Zionsville can expect an average of 187 sunny days each year, 18 days less than the national average of 205. The town receives frequent precipitation, with 42 inches of rain and 22 inches of snow falling per year. This weather may be a drawback for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Zionsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Zionsville start around $3,460 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Zionsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Zionsville
Senior residents of Zionsville’s assisted living facilities may be eligible for financial assistance from the state. The Residential Care Assistance Program helps seniors pay for room and board, while the Aged and Disabled Medicaid waiver may help pay for assisted living services. For SSI recipients, the optional state supplement is another potential source of funding.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Zionsville
Zionsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Zionsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Zionsville
Zionsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Zionsville, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Zionsville
Review of Independence Village of Zionsville West
I highly recommend Independence Village of West Zionsville for your loved one. All the staff from the food service workers to the director of the facility are friendly, caring, and helpful to all ... Read more
Review of Zionsville Meadows
I toured Zionsville Meadows. It's an older and smaller facility. For their size and everything else, they seemed to be a pretty good facility. It seemed well kept. We only met a couple of staff, an... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Zionsville West
My parents moved into the Independence Village of Zionsville West. It was close to my house. Everyone who works there, whether it be people in the front office sales, the financial woman, the front... Read more