2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, IN
Also serving communities of Frankfort.
The average cost of assisted living in Lebanon is $4,290 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Zionsville with an average starting cost of $2,845.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greencastle with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon is home to the second largest stained glass dome in the state of Indiana, which can be seen at the historic courthouse on Courthouse Square. The city has nearly 16,000 residents and a large senior community that comprises 16% of the population. To care for local seniors, Lebanon has two assisted living facilities.
In Lebanon, the official licensure term for assisted living facilities is residential care facilities. These facilities are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- Lebanon is a relatively safe city with a crime rating of 79 out of 100, meaning that the city has a lower crime rate than 79 percent of U.S. cities. Residents have a one in 134 chance of being the victim of any type of crime, compared to the state average of one in 36. Lebanon may be a good retirement destination for seniors who enjoy being active in their community.
- The air quality in Lebanon is fair, with Boone County receiving a C for ozone pollution from the American Lung Association. This type of pollution, which may also be referred to as smog, may negatively affect seniors who have respiratory illnesses or cardiovascular disease.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Witham Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Indiana seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security income, but other types of retirement income are fully taxed. This may reduce how much money can be put toward assisted living services in Lebanon.
- The Boone Area Transit System, which is a service of Boone County Senior Services, provides public transportation services in Lebanon. Seniors are able to ride for a suggested donation.
- Lebanon is a fairly affordable place to live. The overall cost of living in this city is about 10% below the national median. Seniors can expect to spend about 13% less on healthcare than they would elsewhere in the nation. Additionally, the cost of housing, groceries and utilities are lower here than in the nation as a whole, which may bring down assisted living costs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $4,290 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon seniors who meet income and asset restrictions may qualify for financial assistance for assisted living. Indiana provides assistance for low-income seniors through Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lebanon, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Homewood Health Campus
Homewood Health Campus was nice, but we didn't go with them because the rooms were just basically a hospital room instead of an apartment. The bathrooms had no vanity or storage for them to put mak... Read more
Review of CrownPointe of Lebanon
My mother chose Crown Pointe because it had a very good reputation, she knew people that lived there, and it’s very homey. The staff is warm, welcoming, and dedicated. The layout has a cosy feeling... Read more